PDA

View Full Version : First Real NE Bowl

Rob Cunningham
11-29-2009, 9:07 AM
After making a funnel on my first attempt at a NE bowl, I paid more attention and was able to finish this without any mishaps. It's Elm, 6" in diameter by 4" high, 3/8" wall thickness. Finished with Formbys Tung Oil that I had on hand. Tell me what you think. Thanks for looking.

Rick Hutcheson
11-29-2009, 9:15 AM
I think you have the hang of it now. Looks good.

Steve Schlumpf
11-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Congrats on finishing your first NE bowl! Great job on keeping all the bark! Nice color and finish! Keep turning and experimenting with form. Looking forward to seeing NE #2!

Bernie Weishapl
11-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Good looking first NE. Great job keeping the bark on. Yep funnels happen.

gary Zimmel
11-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Congrats Rob, Practice makes perfect.

Nice job on that NE.
( I'm even picking up more and more of the slang):D

Jarrod McGehee
11-29-2009, 6:04 PM
Nice job but I'd make the base smaller. the rest looks nice. and the finish is good too

Mike Minto
11-29-2009, 7:10 PM
rob - i'm with jarrol - your bowl is very nice, great finish - but the bottom is far too flat and wide for my taste. keep it up! can only get better with a first like this (wait - that doesn't sound right; i mean, with a first done this well, i figure your future turnings will be great. you what i'm trying to say...i'm going to go now).

Rob Cunningham
11-30-2009, 1:24 PM
rob - i'm with jarrol - your bowl is very nice, great finish - but the bottom is far too flat and wide for my taste. keep it up! can only get better with a first like this.

Thanks for the comments. I'm still trying to get an eye for form. Guess I'll just have to keep turning:)