PDA

View Full Version : Duct Tape: A class that would make Red Green Proud!

Charles McKinley
10-03-2004, 10:35 PM
Duct Tape Fashions [K002]
date & time: Saturday
October 9 1pm – 4pm
instructor: Kerry Ishizaki
Make a real fashion statement with Duct Tape Fashions. Join artist Kerry Ishizaki and learn to make cool accessories that will show off your own unique, expressive style. Make a wallet, a belt, a purse and shoes (yes, wearable shoes). Be the first on your block with this do-it-yourself fashion trend. Supply list sent upon registration.
tuition: $60 (members $40)
materials fee: $13 (payable to instructor)

http://www.contemporarycraft.org/

A pair of shoes would be worth the tuition price wouldn't it? :D

After all theses years of fixin holes in my jeans and getting those looks from SWMBO it turns out I was a trend settter and in STYLE. ;)

Reality really is stranger that fiction and you just can't make this stuff up folks! :cool:

Steve Clardy
10-04-2004, 8:11 AM
Hmmmm. I like the one---Make a wallet.:rolleyes:

Wonder if you make it sticky side in so your bills stay with you??:eek:

Good read Charles.

Steve:)

Jason Roehl
10-04-2004, 8:31 AM
A former neighbor of mine once made a duct tape wallet, and he still uses it today. He also gave me his extra duct tape calendar--suggestion-a-day type. It's mostly absurd, but ellicits a chuckle now and then. I've also seen pictures of kids who made their prom tuxes and dresses out of duct tape...

Roger Myers
10-04-2004, 12:50 PM
When I saw the Red Green notation, I couldn't resist.....some may not know of the show and the relationship to duct tape, but as the attached picture shows, more than a couple of creekers sat in on a taping of the show at the Neander Meander, courtesy of the boys at Shepherd Tool.....
Ho many creekers can you id in the attched pic....hmmmm...maybe the winner gets a roll of duct tape :D
Roger

Christine Tiede
10-05-2004, 12:10 AM
That Red Green sure is good ol Canadian humour almost at it's best!! Too funny about that course, though! Got to thinking that a lot of the running shoes the kids are wearing these days look almost duct-tape "ish"!! (I totally love the Man's prayer...... even though I'm not a man, I often feel the same way!!):rolleyes:

Thanks for the laugh!
Christine