PDA

View Full Version : Thanks To Peacock and Tyler

Steve Clardy
10-03-2004, 9:39 PM
Thanks to my net friends Dennis and Tyler:), my collector remote works super. They got me headed in the right direction. Made the last electrical connection a few minutes ago and checked it out. Works 45 feet away, inside the new addition, with a wall separating the old shop to new addition, with the door closed. Fantastic.:D:D:D

Now to get the coffee cup with wheels remotable.:eek:

Steve:)

Dennis Peacock
10-03-2004, 11:27 PM
Glad you got it going there Steve!!!! Great to hear that you are happy with it as well. So far, that's 6 out of 6 people that like the simple easy design and just how well it really works. :rolleyes: :)

Steve Clardy
10-04-2004, 9:47 AM
the PICS!!! Chris and Tyler [pic police] missed it!!!!!:eek: Hehe

Here they are, finished product.
I can either use the remote or mag switch. I put a switch on the remote box to keep it from self starting when I'm not it the shop. Now if I can just remember to shut it off when I leave the shop.:rolleyes:

Dennis Peacock
10-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Looks good Steve.....Excellent progress and well done.!!! :D

Chris Padilla
10-04-2004, 5:33 PM
Very nice, Steve. Glad everything worked out for you. Do you have a cover for that breaker box??? :confused: Well then put it back on!! :D

Hehehe...I'm one to talk, my panels are all wide open right now.... :o

Tyler Howell
10-04-2004, 7:07 PM
Go Steve,

She looks like a winner!:cool:

Kelly C. Hanna
10-04-2004, 7:44 PM
That setup looks nice Steve. How long did it take you to get it all hooked up? I need a remote for my little dust 'sipper'.

Steve Clardy
10-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Very nice, Steve. Glad everything worked out for you. Do you have a cover for that breaker box??? :confused: Well then put it back on!! :D

Hehehe...I'm one to talk, my panels are all wide open right now.... :o Ha. Yep. Got a cover. I just left things off so if something SMOKED:eek: I could tell where it was coming from and see the SPARKS:eek:

Works great.

Steve Clardy
10-05-2004, 10:30 AM
That setup looks nice Steve. How long did it take you to get it all hooked up? I need a remote for my little dust 'sipper'.
Kelly. I spent probably 2-3 hours from start to finish, over a 3-4 day period. Gathering parts, re fabbing a used box, etc. Was pretty easy really after going through Dennis's instructions. Had to stop twice just to get wire ends located. Thought I had them, but ended up going to town twice getting wire and ends, etc.
I hooked mine up so I could use either the remote or the mag switch.

Steve

Gredo Goldenstein
10-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Ha. Yep. Got a cover. I just left things off so if something SMOKED:eek: I could tell where it was coming from and see the SPARKS:eek:

Works great.

Your set-up looks real nice.

I hear ya Steve. Nothing like seeing the sparks first hand and not wondering where they are coming from when they shoot out the side of the box. :D

Thats the voice of experience speaking.

Gredo

Tyler Howell
10-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Always Remember,
The key to electrical and alectronic work is to "Keep The Smoke In":eek:
You let the smoke out and it don't work no more. :p

Steve Clardy
10-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Always Remember,
The key to electrical and alectronic work is to "Keep The Smoke In":eek:
You let the smoke out and it don't work no more. :p
But Tyler-------there was no SMOKE:eek: so------where did I screw up at?:confused::confused::confused:

Steve:rolleyes: