PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Jorg Parallel clamps down?

Jay Yoder
11-28-2009, 11:24 AM
I have an opportunity to pick up the Jorg clamps at Menards for a cheap price. I was reviewing my inventory and realize that I could use some 30" clamps (I have plenty of 24's and 36's). I was thinking of picking up the 36" clamps and cutting them back to 30" or so...I know I could keep them at 36, but at times the 36'ers that I have are just too long. My shop is not that big...any thoughts or experiences to doing this?

glenn bradley
11-28-2009, 11:48 AM
I see no issue there although, 6" isn't much to bother with. That being said, I do not know your shop and you do ;-). I got a killer deal on some too-long parallel clamps and made them into 18"-ers. I used a carbide grit blade in a Saw-zall and an angle grinder to dress them up.

That reminds me, they seem to have gone on permanent loan. Excuse me, I need to call someone.

Ben Martin
12-01-2009, 11:36 PM
I was thinking about doing this with some of the 24" and turning them into 12" clamps, not sure if there would be any benefit to this though. I just want to do that because have 12 24" clamps on an assembly is a bear to move around the shop...