PDA

View Full Version : help! the laser jump the position when working

salvador ortega
11-27-2009, 1:57 PM
i have a m300 universal and i dont know whats going on, cause when the machine is working suddenly the laser jump the position on the x rail,

I NEED HEL ASAP CUASE I HAVE A LOT OF WORK CHRISTMAS TIME

thanks

Rodne Gold
11-27-2009, 1:59 PM
If your laser has a encoder strip , you might try clean it.

salvador ortega
11-27-2009, 2:45 PM
thanks for the advise but can you tell me were is the encoder strip

AL Ursich
11-27-2009, 4:07 PM
I have never seen the inside of your laser.....

But you are going to need to look around inside until someone with a similar model can jump in and help.

Jumping can be caused by many things from Mechanical Binding to a Dirty Encoder.

With the power off you are going to need to move all the axis and look at the rails and bearings as you do. You are looking for some type of contamination on the rails or bearings. A Speed bump you could call it.

Also look at the Drive Motors and the pulleys and belts. A piece of paper of something you have cut could be caught in the belt cogs. My Epilog did a jerky movement upon start up last month. Quickly shut it off and moved the axis and found a Spider... Well I think it was a spider had acted as a speed bump to the belt.... Got all the Audio effects as I moved it... The Crunching that brought my attention to the belt...

Now for Encoders.... Encoders are either strips with lines on them or a rotary device that is attached to the motor.

The Strips are more common and it has been posted many times here about dirty encoders including the reader part getting dirty. The computer tells the head to move 69 pulses and a dirty encoder reads the first 42 then because of a smear of dust can't read 43.... So it keeps moving until it finally reads 43 thought 69 and stops moving.... If the dust area is an inch long then it moves and extra inch and possible as full speed....

The rotary encoders are usually covered but loose plugs can give you problems.

In my Navy Days of Fixing Radars and Computers when called to a Ship to help fix something we would always ask.... What did you do before it stopped working? We would get answers like "We adjusted all the Power Supplies now the Radar won't track" So we would start with the Power Supplies.

SO Go where Sailors have been.... Did you clean the lens or mirrors and bumped a cable? Did some lens paper stick to a rail and the bearing saw it as a speed bump?

I am not there so I must ask the stupid questions just to give you a starting point....

It could have been a power spike, a Laser Driver Glitch, a Printer or USB cable or link.

Lots to think about while waiting for a Real Tech to chime in on Black Friday..

Good Luck,

AL

Mike Mackenzie
11-27-2009, 8:35 PM
Salvador,

You do not have an encoder strip on that system. You need to try and clean the rail and bearings real good, then try it if it still messes up then just loosen the idler pulley on the left hand side where the #2 mirror is.

Also when you see it jump pause the system and go into diagnostics and motor status see if you have any errors.

Last hope would be the drive gear on the motor try to see if it is loose tighten the screw on the clamp but be careful those clamps can break.

Next try to slow down the system and see if it helps. What are you doing as the systems jumps (engraving / cutting or both). Check for file good as well.

Hope this helps.

Scott Shepherd
11-27-2009, 8:35 PM
I think the M300 uses steppers, so no encoder strip. Could be wrong, but I think that's correct.