PDA

View Full Version : Quick help with Corel 4

donald bugansky
11-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Folks,

I'm having a brain freeze at the moment and want to create something for my grandson. I've researched the CorelDRAW X4 official guide (as I'm new to Corel - background is Deneba Canvas and Photoshop on Mac) and can't find the answer.

In Corel, how do you take some text on the screen and manipulate it as an object (the entire word versus individual letters). Let's say I want to take the word Tommy and modify the shape of it so it peaks in the center of the word (m) and slopes to the right and left? In the end, it's the word Tommy and is shaped/looks like a roof peak.

Thx for any assistance.

George Brown
11-27-2009, 12:56 AM
I'd give you an exact answer, but my computer went down and I have not reloaded corel yet. It is done the same way as you would set up a pennant. Look under the corel help and search for pennant, that procedure will allow you to use any shape for the envelope.

Andrea Weissenseel
11-27-2009, 1:13 AM
Converting the text to curves should do it.

Just realized the mentioned shape, in this case George is right - the envelope function should be the best choice

Andrea

donald bugansky
11-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Hmmm,l I can't find any reference to pennant in Corel help, I can't find the answer in the official Corel guide, I purchased the $80 Corel recommended on-line training (click n learn) and can't find examples of envelope.

Anyone manipulate text so it forms a peak kind of like the example below (peak versus flat top)?

Bugs

Jeff Bratt
11-29-2009, 1:39 AM
The word "pennant" has been removed from ver X4 help - it is now called an Interactive Envelope Tool, and it easily does exactly what you are asking for...

Scott Shepherd
11-29-2009, 9:59 AM
As mentioned, Envelope. Select the text (can remain text), click on "Effects", then "Envelope", then "Add New" in the Envelope box thingy. It'll put lines around it and a node in the top center. Grab that node and pull it up.

Done.

donald bugansky
11-29-2009, 11:48 AM
All,

Thanks for your input/instruction. Worked as described.

Now I have another purpose/project to spend some bonding time with my grandson in the shop.

Thank You.

God Bless, Bugs