PDA

View Full Version : Mini Max FS350

Brian Buckley
10-03-2004, 8:40 AM
I have been reading this forum for quite some time. I have learned alot from many of you. Please allow me to tap the experience of all of you Mini Max owners and users.
After seeing the FS 350 at IWF, I realized I am in dire need of this machine. (actually, all I need is a $3.00 hammer and a box of cheap nails) I will be going to Austin this Thursday for a demo of the FS 350 and the 20" BS.I would appreciate knowing what your experience has been with these machines. (both the good and the bad). Am I "drooling in the wrong direction?
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Brian

Jim Becker
10-03-2004, 9:07 AM
I have a review of the FS350 (http://sawsndust.com/r-fs350-page1.shtm) on my site. It's a wonderful machine. My only complaint has been the guard...and I recently ordered the Euro guard for it. (They can't ship the machines in the US with it due to our "safety" regulations)

Oh, yea...welcome to the creek!!

Paul B. Cresti
10-03-2004, 9:20 AM
Brian,
I own several MM machines. As a professional that uses them everyday I can whole heartily recommend both the machines and the company. The machines are very well made of industrial quality. They are fine tunable in every way imagineable and once set up, hold that setting. The personel at MM are top notch both prior and post sale. Hope to welcome you to the "family" soon.

Rich Konopka
10-03-2004, 10:40 AM
I would appreciate knowing what your experience has been with these machines. (both the good and the bad).
Brian

I cannot speak to those machine but I am very happy with my MM16 for the little time I have used it. I can speak volumes of good praise to MM as a company with outstanding service.

Am I "drooling in the wrong direction?
Brian

Nah !! You most likely will have your wallet pulling in the right direction .

Regards,

Ken Fitzgerald
10-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Brian.....welcome to the 'Creek! Good luck on you decision!

Tom Sontag
10-03-2004, 1:11 PM
I have had the MM16 for over a year and just got the FS35 Smart (which is really the model you would be shipped). Best machines I own. Maybe broad brushing a bit much, but the differences between euro machines and asian-made remind me of the differences between a Mercedes or BMW and a Honda or Toyota. All will get you there. And it can be hard to point to one difference that makes one better than the other. But it is the cumulative effect of differences everywhere that gives the experience a whole 'nuther dimension. The step from contractor saw to cabinet saw was a similar quantum leap. So, what kind of car do you drive?

That said, one change I have considered is a larger wheel BS, only because the 1" carbide blade from Lennox is such a huge improvement to any BS and it seems to prefer larger wheels (this has been well discussed elsewhere I believe).

Chris Padilla
10-04-2004, 4:23 PM
I have the MM20 and an FS-41 Elite (well, still in the box) and as for the BS, it is an awesome piece of machinery. I picked mine up used for a good price but do have the Lenox 1" carbide blade on it...slices and gives nearly a planer like finish on the wood.

Donnie Raines
10-04-2004, 4:40 PM
I still say Chris just has the box....no tool...... :p :p