PDA

View Full Version : There is a hole in my shop...

Bill Grumbine
10-02-2004, 9:37 PM
...where a vintage unisaw used to be. Today fellow Creeker Bill Murphy came to take my unisaw. It is now his unisaw, and I have a hole. Of course, that hole will be filled shortly, with a brandy new Mini Max CU 300 Smart, complete with 8 1/2' sliding table. In the next month I have lots of turning to do, as well as preparations for the new machine. Pictures will come when the machine does.

Bill

Jim Becker
10-02-2004, 9:50 PM
...and I'm happy to tell you that I will actually "be there" to help deliver that nice CU300 into your hands. More on that later, but congrats on making the space!!!

Tyler Howell
10-02-2004, 10:12 PM
I know how you feel Bill. I unloaded many an old friend last week:o. Only to make room for some new ones:D :D .

Congrats!

Anthony Yakonick
10-03-2004, 1:36 AM
Hmmmm, it's been a year hasn't it :)

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-03-2004, 8:42 AM
Bill, it sounds like the hole in the shop will be filled in grand fashion. Congratulations on the new machine. I can't wait to see it in your shop, and hear your impressions of it. That is a wonderful upgrade, I am sure you deserve it. Have fun, and enjoy that new gem! :)

Jack Hogoboom
10-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Bill,

Having been in your shop relatively recently, I'm trying to imagine what it looks like with that hole. How about posting some pictures now?

Also, I haven't seen an update on your DVD. What's happening on that front? I'm just about ready for a "tune up".

Jack

Bill Grumbine
10-03-2004, 2:02 PM
Greetings all

Jim, I have to wonder what be there means. Are you going to load it for me? Better yet, will you UNLOAD it for me? :D

Tyler, I must have missed a thread. I know you got some new machines, but they are gold, right?

Anthony, it has indeed been one year since we encountered each other at the Minimax display. Since there is a good chance you may be reading this, how does one contact you privately? I have sent email, etc, but I don't know if you are getting it. I want to talk to you about your Light Dome. Fazio sent me, if that helps.

Kevin, there will be pictures, and maybe even of the unloading party.

Jack, I am going to MD this week to do the final edit on the DVD. More info should be coming shortly I hope. Send me a note or give me a call.

Bill

Jim Becker
10-03-2004, 3:49 PM
Jim, I have to wonder what be there means. Are you going to load it for me? Better yet, will you UNLOAD it for me?
Unload...no. Load...likely. Half is better than none!

John Shuk
10-03-2004, 6:04 PM
Becker with tease. We are waiting with baited breath. I have to repeat Bill's question to Anthony about the e-mail.

Paul B. Cresti
10-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Bill,
I know the feeling, when my Unisaw (among other machines) went away and were replaced by MM machines. It was like I had a dance floor in the shop for a few days!! The only problem I see is since you are getting the show model, you will not get to enjoy the cosmoline removal from hell ritual (my cousins over in Italy love cosmoline) :eek:

Anthony Yakonick
10-03-2004, 10:42 PM
You have mail!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Congrats on the new tool! By the way...if you check my latest shop update....there's a hole in my new shop too!.....2"......waiting for conduit between meter box and breaker box!

Bill Grumbine
10-04-2004, 8:30 AM
It was like I had a dance floor in the shop for a few days!!

Paul, we were up in the shop last night and SWMBO said the very same thing - she said we could have square dances up here. I replied, yeah, all we need to do is find some squares! :D

The only problem I see is since you are getting the show model, you will not get to enjoy the cosmoline removal from hell ritual (my cousins over in Italy love cosmoline) :eek:

I know. I was disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to clean it off myself, but they told me there were some compromises in buying the show model. :p

Bill

Bill Grumbine
10-04-2004, 8:33 AM
Anthony, I got your mail. Thanks!

Ken, I will have to check your update out too. I know what the power thing is like. I remember my Poolewood sitting idle when I first got it, waiting for the electrician to update the service in my grandfather's house so I could just turn it on without blowing all the circuits! I wil have to do some rewiring for the MM, but I have a dedicated 200 amp service to the shop, and everything is out in the open.

Bill

Jim Becker
10-04-2004, 8:40 AM
I was disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to clean it off myself, but they told me there were some compromises in buying the show model.Trust me...you'll have plenty of opportunity to deal with the nooks and crannies...without the good taste of Thomas's.

Alan Turner
10-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Bill. Congrats. Let me know if you need some additional help. I am excellent at supervision.
Alan

Chris Padilla
10-04-2004, 5:35 PM
Hehehe...no pics for that gloat, Bill???? :D At least I posted the BOX my FS-41 Elite came it...even if it is filled with bricks.... :D

Jim Becker
10-04-2004, 6:08 PM
What, Chris? You want a picture of Bill's Holy Shop??? err hole-y shop? :D He's got a month and two days to go before that hole gets filled...

Bill Grumbine
10-05-2004, 9:08 AM
Alan, I know you can do more than supervise! We should have pictures of you up on that ladder! Besides, with the TS gone, I can focus on the lathe, and guess what is up next to be turned? ;)

Chris, I as Jim says, I would have to paste a picture in from the MM website, since nothing will be here for a few more weeks. The hole will get bigger first though, as my vintage Rockwell 8" jointer is about to go out the door. Now if I could just find someone besides the internet scam artist who wants to buy my planer and router table...

Bill