PDA

View Full Version : I took a couple of Pictures

Perry Holbrook
10-02-2004, 9:00 PM
today of some more of my work. These are oil lamps with bases made of Ash and Mahogany. The tops are glass tiles that I make and the wick holder is a black glass bead that I also make. I call them Snap, Crackle and Pop. They retail for $ 42 to $54.

The second image is a few orders headed out next week to the galleries. In the background you'll notice the bead making station and the edge of one of my glass kilns used to make the tile.

Perry

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
10-02-2004, 9:08 PM
And impressive too. They should sell well.

Greg Heppeard
10-02-2004, 9:13 PM
A most illuminating and interesting combination of media. I tend to be drawn to the more contrasting colors of the woods and glass.

Jim Ketron
10-02-2004, 9:14 PM
Looks Great Perry!!
Looks like you have a small fourtune on that table:eek:
Good luck at the gallery you should do well.
Jim

Jack Hogoboom
10-02-2004, 9:23 PM
Really nice. I really like the shape of the base.

Jack

Perry Holbrook
10-02-2004, 9:34 PM
Looks Great Perry!!
Looks like you have a small fourtune on that table:eek:
Good luck at the gallery you should do well.
Jim
Don't want to mis-represent anything. The second picture is of lamps already sold to some of the galleries that represent my work. Most good galleries buy out right from their artist. I think there are about 6 different orders there. Galleries purchase at 1/2 price of retail. They then mark up to retail. In the "business" it's called keystoneing.

Betsy Yocum
10-02-2004, 11:53 PM
A great big WOW Perry - that's impressive stuff!:D

Betsy

Charles McKinley
10-03-2004, 5:27 PM
Hi Perry,

Very nice work. What is the oil put into on the inside?

I think glass work has even more toys and twist to it than turning. I must resist the force!

Kelly C. Hanna
10-03-2004, 7:18 PM
Nice original product you have there...very nice handiwork, they look great!!

Chris Padilla
10-04-2004, 4:57 PM
Very cool...Scott Coffelt and his wife just started into the glass-tile making stuff and I saw some of their work...awesome looking tiles just like yours.