PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Semi Gloat...

Adam Strong
11-23-2009, 12:57 PM
I bought a Ridgid model 14002 BS off of CL for $175.

The price was not a steal, but fair, hence the thread title. I looked it over and turned it on to find the original owner did the work of balancing the wheels and replacing the tires. Came with a new blade too. To add a nice blade will have gotten me a hardly used, 14" bandsaw for around $200.

It had apparently been used as a cup holder at one point, as the table had a few rings. And there is a curious splatter of dried blood down the front :eek: to clean off. I had bought a Delta 9" 6 months ago off of CL for $30 (very gloat worthy IMO), and since realizing the usefulness on the BS in my shop I have been looking the last 4 months or so for a 14", which are rare on CL in my area it seems.

Anyway, Thanks for reading!

Aaron Berk
11-23-2009, 1:19 PM
Hmm...... blood down the front.

Could be the reason for the discounted price.

Bet SWMBO pulled the plug on that one after hubby came in for a band-aid

Ken Higginbotham
11-23-2009, 1:39 PM
Cool - What city/CL list to you follow? I got a very nice 6" jointer and a like new surface planer for around $200 each - But you have to follow it by the hour seems to catch these deals...

Adam Strong
11-23-2009, 2:11 PM
I search Jacksonville and most of NE Florida on CL... It is something you have to stay on top of to get in on a good deal, things go quick!