PDA

View Full Version : Christmas candy dish

Deane Shepard
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Sometime last year or early this year, I remember downloading a Corel file that was for a rectangular Christmas candy dish. It was basically a box with no lid that had a sleigh and reindeer cut out of the sides. I think it was done for 1/4 inch material and I remember thinking about modifying it to be made from 1/8 acrylic. I apparently did not save the file at the time, thinking I could always download it again. Now I want to do just that and for the life of me can not find the file. I have search the Creek for sleigh, reindeer, candy dish, candy box and anything else I can think of but can't seem to find it.

Does anyone happen to remember that posting?

Deane
M360

Alexa Ristow
11-23-2009, 12:49 PM
I have downloaded a few things from http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com The patterns are for scroll saws but I have used them very successfully on the laser - he has some awesome patterns !!!!
You could try this one that I have attached - not sure but it may work

Good Luck

Deane Shepard
11-23-2009, 2:02 PM
Alexa - Thank you so very much. That is exactly the file I was looking for. I get the scrollsaw workshop blog but just had convinced myself that I had found the file on the Creek because of the many great resources here.

Thank you again.

Deane
M360

Steven Resnick
11-23-2009, 5:10 PM
Alex,
Can you save it as version 12.

Thanks,
Steven

Alexa Ristow
11-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Will do , see attached - please let me know if its works as I haven't saved as vs 12 before !!!

Thanks

Deane Shepard
11-25-2009, 1:57 PM
I made some modifications to the file. I converted it to use 1/8" acrylic and added a hinged lid with "Merry Christmas" in it and placed holes for a wind up music box.

I made one out of silver mirrored acrylic with red mirror for the liner. It turned out OK.

I thought I would post the file in case anyone finds it useful.

Deane
M360

Alexa Ristow
11-25-2009, 3:32 PM
Please post us a pic of your finished work - it sounds great!!!

Deane Shepard
11-27-2009, 12:55 PM
It is really tough to take a picture of something that is a mirror, especially when I'm not much of a photographer to begin with but here's the final product.

I should reiterate that the original pattern was courtesy of Steve Good at the Scroll Saw Workshop, http://www.scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/ so any real credit belongs to him. I just tweaked the pattern for 1/8" material, added the hinged lid and cut it out.

Deane
M360

Alexa Ristow
11-28-2009, 12:55 PM
It really worked out well - we are lucky that someone as talented as Steve shares his patterns so freely!!!!

Merry Christmas