PDA

View Full Version : Tools 'n stuff on your Chrismas list

Mitchell Andrus
11-23-2009, 7:59 AM
I got mine... a new 880 SF shop and a 3hp cyclone DC. Both have been on the list for a looong time.

What are you hinting for this year?

Maurice Ungaro
11-23-2009, 9:23 AM
a Lee Valley gift certificate, but money is real tight this year. I'll be happy with the weekend off.

ROY DICK
11-23-2009, 9:33 AM
The very best for everyone.

Roy

Eric Roberge
11-23-2009, 9:50 AM
The very best for everyone.

Roy I like that...Great wish Roy!

No tools for me (money is tight too) and no kids this year (They'll be with their Mom):(

So the wife and I are going on a cruise instead. (kinda contradicts the "money is tight thing":rolleyes:)

Rod Sheridan
11-23-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't accept Christmas presents for myself, I've requested that friends and family contribute cash to a charity in Toronto that is providing Christmas meals for the homeless. My target is 100 meals, which we'll easily achieve judging by the donations so far.

As to tools arriving, mine is arriving in April, a Hammer B3 Winner.

Sheesh, now I can't wait for April and it's not even December.:D

regards, Rod.

Art Mulder
11-23-2009, 3:58 PM
Unfortunately the only way I'm going to get a Sawstop PCS is if I save up for it myself...

Seriously, most quality tools are too rich for my family's Christmas lists, so tools almost never show up on my list.

Matt Sollars
11-23-2009, 4:03 PM
still starting out...i went with odds and ends.

Wixey angle gauge for setup purposes
clamps
boeshield, slipit, etc.

may throw in a square or two.

Matt

Jerome Hanby
11-23-2009, 4:08 PM
I hinted around for a Kreg K3 master system, think I may be getting that. I'd love to get a Lee Valley Medium shoulder plane, but doubt anyone that might get me one would have any idea how to find one :D

John Harden
11-23-2009, 4:13 PM
In their latest flyer, Lee Valley is selling a very fine, 50 tpi veneer saw with a straight handle. Looks like a very small dovetail saw.

I'm left handed, so the "classic" veneer saw is tough to use as the offset blade is designed for those poor, silly right handed folks out there.

This should work perfect for me!!!! At $30, I'll definitely be getting one.

Regards,

John

Jim O'Dell
11-23-2009, 4:34 PM
Hopefully some cold hard cash to get me over the hump for the table saw. I mean, I was good last year and put my Christmas cash in with LOML's to get us a dishwasher we disparately needed, and I'm not asking her to chip in on the TS. :rolleyes: :D:D:D
In many ways, I miss having kids at Christmas time, as the joy they have is where the excitement is. Starting to have another crop of nephews at the right age to have fun on my wife's side. All the others are grown and either in or out of college. Jim.

Jim Bowers
11-23-2009, 4:44 PM
World Peace.

Wrong place wrong sex. Well it would be nice even if I am not blonde or female

Heather Thompson
11-23-2009, 4:49 PM
I don't accept Christmas presents for myself, I've requested that friends and family contribute cash to a charity in Toronto that is providing Christmas meals for the homeless. My target is 100 meals, which we'll easily achieve judging by the donations so far.

Rod,

I like the way you think, 22 years ago I went to the city (Chicago) to buy fiberglass supplies for a project I was working on, drove down Halsted St and saw all of the homeless people standing around 55 gallon barrels to stay warm. When I got home I raided my closet and my soon to be ex-husbands (his was a little more thorough :)), drove back to the city and played Ms Santa Clause. A few years later I took my young son to the Chicago Loop and we wished a homeless friend happy birthday, this man had throat cancer and could not talk, his tears did the talking (had no health insurance), died later that year.

When I am home during the holidays I cook meals and bring them to the homeless, also make simple toys for the kids, it seems better to give than receive but I always seem to get more in the end.

Heather

I guess that I have enough tools for now, check back next week.

Jacob Mac
11-23-2009, 9:13 PM
My two favorite charities are Ronald McDonald House and the Kansas City Down Syndrome Guild. I always ask people donate to them rather than give me gifts.

Except for my wife. She can get me a drill press.

Dan Friedrichs
11-23-2009, 9:20 PM
My two favorite charities are Ronald McDonald House and the Kansas City Down Syndrome Guild.

+1. As a child, I needed a short stay at the Ronald McDonald house due to minor surgical complications. I had always thought these only served children with serious illness, but now appreciate the emotional and financial stresses that come with keeping even a mostly-well child in a hotel (with no access to laundry, kitchen facilities, etc) for a length of time. They are indeed a very worthy charity...