PDA

View Full Version : Another Game Call

Jim Ketron
10-02-2004, 3:44 PM
This is a predator call to imitate a destress cotton tail rabbit!
This is another Blank that Sparky Paessler gave me I don't remember what kind of burl that it is, maybe he will chime in and let us know.
Thanks again Sparky!
Jim

Michael Stafford
10-02-2004, 5:31 PM
Very pretty wood... I like your scanner photos. Tell Sparky to drop off some wood over here in Rocky Mount...

Sparky Paessler
10-02-2004, 8:03 PM
That's spalted maple burl. Looks like you are doing a good job with them. How was deer hunting today?

Brad Hammond
10-02-2004, 8:35 PM
Jim, are you getting your reeds from HUT?.........
i love coyote hunting here in north al and i'd love to start making my own calls! beautiful work!!

brad

Jim Ketron
10-02-2004, 8:54 PM
That's spalted maple burl. Looks like you are doing a good job with them. How was deer hunting today?
I didn't go:( I didn't get all my stuff ready and I havent shot my bow yet this year to make shure it's still shooting on target:o Too much time spent on the workshop I usualy start shooting in August at least a few times a week. I don't want to be a bad sportsman and make a bad shot and injure the animal!
I'll be ready next weekend though:D
Jim

Jim Ketron
10-02-2004, 8:59 PM
Jim, are you getting your reeds from HUT?.........
i love coyote hunting here in north al and i'd love to start making my own calls! beautiful work!!

brad
I got the kit from www.woodturnerscatalog.com (http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com)
Hut has more kits than WTC
I would like to get the Coyote Howler kit but you can't order on line you have to e-mail or fax your order from them:(.
Jim

Dick Parr
10-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Another fine call made Jim. :D Looks like you really have the process down to an art. Keep the pictures coming. :D