PDA

View Full Version : Dust collection on Bosch 4100 table saw

Erik Frederiksen
11-22-2009, 7:39 PM
I recently bought this saw and have been using my Festool CT 22 vacuum hooked up to the saw's dust port in the back. This does a pretty darn good job at dust collection, but I would like to do more.

Does anyone here have any ideas on anything I can do to increase the dust collection?

I don't have a permanent shop set up right now, but mainly take the saw around to job sites, so I would like a mobile solution.

thanks,
Erik

Mac McQuinn
11-22-2009, 8:36 PM
Thin kerf & blade stick-up adjustment, Zero-clearance throat-plate and increasing the size of your dust collector come to mind.

Mac

Kevin Stricker
11-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Have you upgraded to the larger hose? This makes a big difference with the Kapex, I'm guessing it would help with your TS as well. They have both a 36mm and 50mm hose available. Maybe consider running a Y in your hose and use your standard 27mm hose on a dust pickup on your blade guard if you use one.

Just a couple thoughts, I'd love to hear if you come up with a solution. I'm still reluctantly using an old Craftsman contractor dust bomb in an otherwise "clean" mobile shop. I don't consider it mobile BTW...it stays in the shop.

Salem Ganzhorn
11-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Thin kerf & blade stick-up adjustment, Zero-clearance throat-plate and increasing the size of your dust collector come to mind.

Mac

Zero-clearance insert tends to do the opposite for me. More dust left on the table.

Andy Sowers
11-23-2009, 3:35 PM
I used to have a Bosch 4000... which was the predecessor to yours. One of the reasons I got rid of it was the dust collection. After using it with a dado blade, or after a hard days work, I'd have a huge pile of sawdust below the saw... not to mention the dust which spewed from the openings along the front.

I was using my 2hp Delta DC with a short 4" dia hose connected to the 2.5" port via an adaptor. But I still had poor dust collection...

Before I finally upgraded to a cabinet saw, I considered putting a bottom on the saw, and then connecting a 4" DC port on it. I think that would help some...

HTH
Andy