PDA

View Full Version : Table Saw comparison

Aaron Berk
11-22-2009, 3:08 PM
So Grizzly has a new 12" saw I think.

And I can't tell much difference except in the weight. The older G0605X is 966 lbs shipped and the newer G0605X1 is 854lbs shipped.

There aren't many details on the X1 so does any one see something I'm missing? Whats the deal here :confused:

Jim Bowers
11-22-2009, 3:50 PM
Using the on line catalog check the specs of each machine. It might be helpful if you printed these pages out. Then you will be able to compare item to item. The Feature section has some variation.

Aaron Berk
11-22-2009, 4:52 PM
Man those were a mess

Motor specs didn't sound right for the 605x, foot print didn't look right for the X1

weight on both was listed as 715lbs but shipped weight is a big difference between the two.

Trunnions are formed steel? on the X1. and the 605X was cast iron.
Whats the benefit here?

left side rip was 12" on the X, and the X1 was 18 but table and extensions all looked the same and with 52" max right side rip on both.

So the rails on the X1 are longer

I'm feeling a little more confused than before, doesn't help that the specs are lined out differently on each saw.

This is taking longer than I wanted, looks like a just a bunch of minor tweaks between the 2 models.

here is the kicker, cabinet construction on the X1 is listed as wood:confused:
and the 605 is pre-formed steel. ok typo right???

This is getting crazy

Bob Elliott
11-23-2009, 11:03 AM
The interchangeable arbors on the 605X is an advantage. I have interchangeable arbors on my 12" Bridgewood that I use all the time.

Aaron Berk
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes the arbors were a selling feature for me. both saws have them listed.

I plan on running a 10 inch blade most the time, and jumping up to the 12 when needed.

How about the cast iron table tops? The 605 is 2" thick, and the x1 was listed as 1 and 15/16, so is that just a difference in the way the guy was reading his calipers, or does the X1 have a top that might have been machined a bit more and therefore more accurately flat?