PDA

View Full Version : Sears Craftsman polishing block

Tony Sade
10-02-2004, 10:46 AM
One of the most useful things I've ever picked up at Sears was a "Polishing Block", about 2" x 3", that's sold to "remove, clean and polish rust and ring marks from machinery, unfinished metals, tools and ceramics". I use it to clean stains/surface rust from my table saw, jointer, OSS, etc. It came in a couple of different grits, I think.

I bought mine a long time ago and it has served me well. It needs to be replaced, but Sears no longer carries them. Any equivalents out there? Thanks, Tony

Michael Stafford
10-02-2004, 2:11 PM
Yes, Klingspor offers them in their catalog and retail stores. I believe they are also sold in McFeely's screw catalog...

Tyler Howell
10-02-2004, 2:43 PM
Ok You two. you know the rules:mad: What does this think look like?? What isle abrasives? files. Pix please!;)

Thanks

Tony Sade
10-02-2004, 4:44 PM
What they say about you and pictures is true! ;) Have you thought about seeing someone for that? ;) :D Enjoy!

Oh-and thanks, Michael.

Michael Stafford
10-02-2004, 5:18 PM
Yep, that's it. You can get them at Klingspor and the Woodworking stores... I have a complete set fine, medium, and coarse. No Tyler I don't have pictures. Tony, I think they are also known as rust erasers...

Tony Sade
10-02-2004, 8:03 PM
Found a bunch at Widgetsupply.com. Much cheaper than the versions sold at the WW stores. Thanks,

Tyler Howell
10-02-2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks Guys, Just doing my Job!:p :p