PDA

View Full Version : Now Don't Laugh!!

Tyler Howell
10-02-2004, 9:38 AM
Ok if you must, check the floor before you roll around on it, so you don't get hurt. This is going to be my little dog till my big dog comes along.
The Jet 650 did a great job of DC on the Cman and PM. The problem came with the Excalibur blade guard. To get enough suck to do its duty on the guard it robbed all the air from the saw. Messed with blast gates a lot but just couldn't get enough air flow. I dedicate the Leaf blower to the guard and Jet to the saw,
The Jet quasi cyclone G-can lid was abandon shortly after purchase a while back for robbing too much air flow from system. I've been tinkering with the down pipe and direction on the 90* elbow for best performance.
That is a real 5 micron Jet DC bag I got off the clearance pile.
In spite of all the research and statements to the contrary the LB develops a serious static buildup with certain materials that will wake you up. I did a temp ground and bond for MOPOM.
My DC remote control operates both units just fine.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10120
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10122
May have a buyer for the Jet so the search has started for My Big Dog
Didn't want to fully commit the LB to this project as I still use it.
Thanks for looking and enjoy the good laugh

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-02-2004, 9:44 AM
"Didn't want to fully commit the LB to this project as I still us it.
Thanks for looking and enjoy the good laugh"

Looking at this setup Tyler..................SOMEBODY oughtta be committed! :D

I always say......................."Whatever works for ya"! ;)

Dude, you REALLY need to lay off the Coffee! :p

Waymon Campbell
10-02-2004, 9:47 AM
Yo Tyler, are you sure you're not from Arkansas :confused: . LOL - that looks like something my wife would come up with...only difference is that I don't see any duct tape to hold everything together.

I guess what they say is true, neccesity really is the mother of invention. :D

larry merlau
10-02-2004, 9:47 AM
i have heard of alot in my few years biut your answer to more power here is top rate it even falls under milright riggin :D good luck on gettin a bigger one and you need to send that in to the family handy man for there quick tips or fixes and you might be a celebrty to like the others whoi have made the grade :D

Dennis Peacock
10-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Mornin' Tyler.....this ain't one of them deals like using a Murray push mower for a hedge trimmer is it? :confused: :p :p

IMHO, if it works for now....then that's great. I've certainly tried various things to get something working before and one almost got me ate by an upset router of mine!!! :eek: :D Needless to say I'm a little more careful now. :rolleyes:

Maybe you need to order you and Oneida? ;)

Jim Becker
10-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Hey, it works, right?? Nice idea. Now, when I'm using the overarm guard, I don't bother putting much to the saw cabinet...that stuff isn't going anywhere anyway. I open the gate for the overarm fully and throttle down the port to the saw base just a little as I want maximum performance from the guard when I'm using it.

Don't forget to wear your hearing protection with this setup, however!!

Michael Stafford
10-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Tyler, that is funnier than the funny papers. I give you an A+ for ingenuity but a D- for execution of design. Wish I had thought of it when I didn't have a DC... ;)

David Wilson
10-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Tyler
I think maby you should contact Ron Popeel and go on TV selling your new invention.

Steve Clardy
10-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Looks good to me Tyler.:eek:
You have more nerve than me to post some of your riggins. :eek:

But I say, whatever works is my motto.:D

An idea for ya. Open the shop doors and let the tree leaves blow in, and maybe the leaf blower won't look out of place then.
Now ain't I helpful too???
Steve. NOT Laughing!!:confused:

David LaRue
10-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Tyler,

Thanks for the floor warning... I held on to my chair so I wouldn't fall over laughing, and now only my sides are hurtn' ;) .. American ingenuity scores again! :cool:

BTW: Lowes may still have some of those Delta single machines on clearance. I picked on up for my 8" jointer since it is in another room from the main shop. I paid about $80. I also picked up a 1 micron bag for it from the Delta P/C store for $10 from the discount table :D (See the other thread on shop sizes, I ran out of room in my small shop so I took over the old laundry room in the basement for wood storage, jointer and planer.)

David

Wade Samuelson
10-02-2004, 11:46 AM
I give it an total grade of: A-

It would have gotten an "A" if it had incorporated either duct tape or the favorite connecting material we use here out West: baling wire!

It would have gotten an "A+" had it used BOTH duct tape AND baling wire!!

Bruce Page
10-02-2004, 1:27 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wouldn't it be a bit loud?

Tyler Howell
10-02-2004, 2:22 PM
Hey, it works, right?? Nice idea. Now, when I'm using the overarm guard, I don't bother putting much to the saw cabinet...that stuff isn't going anywhere anyway. I open the gate for the overarm fully and throttle down the port to the saw base just a little as I want maximum performance from the guard when I'm using it.

Thanks Jim, I know you got the Supper Sucker now, but didn't you get log jams with little to no DC on the saw????

Loud? What? Can't hear you!:eek:

She screams, and there is a little more airborne dust that comes right from the LB Body.

Thanks guys I can always count on the Soggy Bottom Bunch for support:rolleyes:

As I said I'm shopping.;)

Betsy Yocum
10-02-2004, 2:43 PM
Tyler - do you need a pencil to draw up your plans to submit to Fine Woodworking? If so, I'll send you a gross or two?:rolleyes:

Betsy

Tyler Howell
10-02-2004, 2:46 PM
Thanks Betsy, I see you're well stocked.;)
Tyler - do you need a pencil to draw up your plans to submit to Fine Woodworking? If so, I'll send you a gross or two?:rolleyes:

Betsy

Gredo Goldenstein
10-02-2004, 3:57 PM
Tyler-

As a fellow Minnesotan I must say I love the set-up. However, I must agree with an earlier post "Where's the duct tape?" Red Green swears by it. You know, "If they don't find ya handsome, they better find you handy." :p

Gredo

Jim Ketron
10-02-2004, 4:16 PM
Hey if it works Why not!
That looks like something I would do:D
Jim

Kelly C. Hanna
10-02-2004, 4:43 PM
Hey, as long as it works buddy!!! There's no need for a cosmetically correct shop if you can save a few bucks and get the job done. Hope you got earplugs!!!

Dick Parr
10-02-2004, 11:00 PM
I knew it Tyler, you have stepped over to the dark side. :eek: Between selling all those tools and making that dust collector with a small foot print. You must be making room for one of those BIG spinning things. ;) Glad you finally crossed over. :p :D :p

John Miliunas
10-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Tyler, my friend, that is just a wonderful, ah....wonderful....hmmmmm.....Ok. I give up. What the heck is it, really?! :eek: :confused: Well, whatever it is, you done a good job on it! :D I was going to bring a little something to the Mini-soda WW Show for a door prize, but in looking at your post, I think I'll hang on to it and grab a fresh roll or two of duck tape for the prize and just hope you win! :) I'll expect a full demo of that, that, that,....oh whatever is, when I come over! :cool:

Bart Leetch
10-02-2004, 11:40 PM
So are you trying to tell us you don't know if you sucking or blowing or coming or going. Man you look a little mixed up. But since your Tyler we understand. :D :D :D

Jerry Olexa
10-03-2004, 12:16 AM
Tyler, Hey, it works! Who cares how it looks? Don't let vanity get in the way of ducttape and a hammer!! Ya did good partner and even pictures!!:)

Marshall Harrison
10-06-2004, 5:34 PM
Neat! Now I'm sorry I gave my old leaf blower to a friend after he bought a house.

I just wish I could afford a dust collector instead of just letting it fly then cleaning up afterwards.

Tom LaRussa
10-06-2004, 6:12 PM
Ok if you must, check the floor before you roll around on it, so you don't get hurt. This is going to be my little dog till my big dog comes along.
Tyler,

Keep in mind that many true geniuses have been laughed at -- only to have the last laugh themselves. ;)

Or something like that. :confused:

Dave Shaffer
10-06-2004, 7:03 PM
Woha.....Is that thing legal in the US?

Chris Padilla
10-06-2004, 7:03 PM
lolololololololololololololololololololol....

:D