PDA

View Full Version : Shop Fox classic fence impressions

Brett Robson
11-21-2009, 9:56 PM
I'm considering upgrading my Delta T2 fence on my saw to something with longer rails. I've been building new kitchen cabinets for my home and my current 30" capacity has been a constant irritation throughout this project.

Wondering what you Grizzly/Shop Fox saw owners think of the "Classic" Shop Fox fence that Grizzly sells with many of their saws. How do the HDPE faces hold up to wear and tear? Does the fence hold it's settings, or is there constant checking/adjusting required? Does it slide smoothly,etc.,

Certainly the price of about $300 is hard to beat, which is why I'm considering this fence rather than a Biesemeyer or Unifence, which both are considerably more expensive.

Josiah Bartlett
11-22-2009, 2:32 AM
I replaced the Jetlock fence on my Unisaw with the 7' rail Shopfox fence. Its a clone of the original Beisemeyer. I really like it, it is rock solid and easy to line up. It slides smoothly on teflon guide pads. The faces have held up really well, and they are easily replaced with MDF or something else if you don't like them. I haven't had to adjust mine once in the 4 years that I've had it. I added a T-track to the top of the fence so I can use it to hold down accessories. I made a few tall fences that are shaped like an H that bridge the fence and are held in place by bolts in the T-track. I would buy it again. I use the saw pretty much every weekend.

Josh Reet
11-22-2009, 2:35 AM
I replaced the Jetlock fence on my Unisaw with the 7' rail Shopfox fence. Its a clone of the original Beisemeyer. I really like it, it is rock solid and easy to line up. It slides smoothly on teflon guide pads. The faces have held up really well, and they are easily replaced with MDF or something else if you don't like them. I haven't had to adjust mine once in the 4 years that I've had it. I added a T-track to the top of the fence so I can use it to hold down accessories. I made a few tall fences that are shaped like an H that bridge the fence and are held in place by bolts in the T-track. I would buy it again. I use the saw pretty much every weekend.

Out of curiosity, how did you attach the t-track to the top of the fence?

Cary Falk
11-22-2009, 2:37 AM
I have had one on my Unisaw for 2 years. I like it alot. It is a beast. Like the T2, I think it is a bargain.

Josiah Bartlett
11-22-2009, 2:47 AM
Out of curiosity, how did you attach the t-track to the top of the fence?

I drilled and tapped the fence for 10-32 flat head screws every foot. The T-track is the standard Rockler blue anodized stuff, and the nifty thing about it was that the top of the T-track happens to be flush with the top of the faces. The fence rail is thick mild box section steel and holds threads nicely.

Josh Reet
11-22-2009, 3:12 AM
I drilled and tapped the fence for 10-32 flat head screws every foot. The T-track is the standard Rockler blue anodized stuff, and the nifty thing about it was that the top of the T-track happens to be flush with the top of the faces. The fence rail is thick mild box section steel and holds threads nicely.

Thanks Josiah. I'm going to copy that in the future.