PDA

View Full Version : File Help Please

Frank Defert
11-21-2009, 5:25 PM
Hi,

Yesterday I received a file to engrave for a customer from their artist. When I went to open it I couldn't. I used the filters and tried to import it into Corel with no luck.
Now we are into the weekend and no artist until Monday. I would like to know if somebody could please take a look at the file to open it for me. I would also like to know if there was something I did wrong or if it was the file.

Thanks .... Frank

Robert Alexander
11-21-2009, 5:28 PM
Hi,

Yesterday I received a file to engrave for a customer from their artist. When I went to open it I couldn't. I used the filters and tried to import it into Corel with no luck.
Now we are into the weekend and no artist until Monday. I would like to know if somebody could please take a look at the file to open it for me. I would also like to know if there was something I did wrong or if it was the file.

Thanks .... Frank

Let me take a look and see if I can help

Robert Alexander
11-21-2009, 6:00 PM
I finally got it open in photoshop elements but with not very good resolution.
You might want to post the file you sent to me here on the creek and see if anyone can do it better. I have attached the file that I was able to get open in Corel 12.

James Jaragosky
11-21-2009, 6:15 PM
I finally got it open in photoshop elements but with not very good resolution.
You might want to post the file you sent to me here on the creek and see if anyone can do it better. I have attached the file that I was able to get open in Corel 12.

It is a rather poor resolution file. I needed to open Corel first, and then import the file. If I just tried to open the file using Corel it failed. I saved it as a cdr10 just in case that helps you.
If you post the original I am sure someone can verify Robert's results.

Robert Alexander
11-21-2009, 6:36 PM
I got it to open in Corel (finally) but only as a Jpeg file. And the resolution is not that great. When I open as a Corel File there is no image. So Its got me baffeled:confused::confused::confused:. I did get a message saying that the file was not decoded properly. But I do not know what that means.

Dave Russell Smith
11-21-2009, 6:38 PM
It looks more like the Loch Ness Monster :D

Frank Defert
11-21-2009, 6:53 PM
Thanks everyone for your help.

Robert and James you guys have the same result, a poor looking bitmap type file. Now Dave has a better looking vector file which is what it is supposed to be. Now my question is why? Dave you never had the origonal file.

As for what it is, it is an Ogopogo. A large serpent creature that lives in a lake here on the West Coast of Canada.... cousin to the Loch Ness Monster.

Frank

Doug Griffith
11-21-2009, 9:05 PM
I'm curious what type of file it was. What was the extension?

Frank Defert
11-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Doug,

The file extension was eps.

Frank

Bill Cunningham
11-22-2009, 7:47 PM
I was probably a .eps bitmap which is not the same as a .eps vector.. If you just ask a customer for a .eps file that chances are pretty good yer gonna get a crap.bitmap.eps file :D To avoid confusion, I always ask for a .cdr or a uncompressed .ai file.. Most customers don't know what a .eps 'vector' file is...

Frank Defert
11-22-2009, 7:54 PM
Thanks Bill.

Sorry to see your a Leafs fan. Canucks all the way, maybe....

Frank

Bill Cunningham
11-22-2009, 8:11 PM
Ahh it's Ok Frank.. I like to root for the underdog... You folks on the left coast are probably all looking forward to making a fortune fairly soon on Olympic visitors....By the way? Is it just me, or does the Olympic torch resemble a giant flaming doobie to everyone:D?
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2009/02/12/bc-090212-olympic-torch3.jpg

Dave Russell Smith
11-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks everyone for your help.

Dave has a better looking vector file which is what it is supposed to be. Now my question is why? Dave you never had the origonal file.

As for what it is, it is an Ogopogo. A large serpent creature that lives in a lake here on the West Coast of Canada.... cousin to the Loch Ness Monster.

Frank

Just here to help :D

Doug Griffith
11-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Dave, were you able to open the original file and if so, what app?

Frank Defert
11-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Bill,

Now that you mention it .... Probably had to be that big for everyone to enjoy as it makes it's way around the country.
The Olympics is a really big show and is having a huge impact here. I just hope that everyone who is smiling now are still smiling after they are done and gone and the bills come rolling in. Got any extra paper bags?

Frank

Bill Cunningham
11-25-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't think BC will have a problem.. I'll save a bag for you though :rolleyes:
I'm about 50 miles North of Toronto, and Toronto just got the next Pan Am Games.. Mayor 'moron' will be gone by then, so perhaps people who live outside the centre of the universe will feel like coming back to visit..:cool: