PDA

View Full Version : Bad News, Need Your Prayers

Dick Parr
10-02-2004, 7:57 AM
Just as we thought things were improving with the twin grand daughters, we got word last night that now the second grand daughter is in the hospital with meningitis also. :( Also just as we thought the first one was getting better and coming home on the 9th, now the second one won't come home until the 22nd. At least they are sharing a room, so my daughter and son-in-law can see each other. A parent is required to be with the girls 24 hours a day. They have to go through a 3 week antibiotic program before they go home. Those little girls are only 7 weeks old and have spent all but a week of their life in the hospital.

My wife and youngest daughter are flying up to DC this morning to go help out. The kids also have a 2 year old son that is now staying with the in-laws. I guess everyone is about worn out so it will be a relief when the wife and daughter get there to help. They are staying the whole month now. I can't go because I can't be around anyone that is sick because of the medications I'm on which lower my immune system and make me very susceptible to infections. With everyone going in and out of the hospital every day, I can't take the chance. So I will be batching it for a month and wishing I was there to help.

So any prayers that can be given would be appreciated.

Sparky Paessler
10-02-2004, 8:30 AM
Dick we will be praying for your grand daughters that they have a quick recovery and get to return home soon.

Michael Stafford
10-02-2004, 8:30 AM
So sorry to hear the news Dick. We all pray for their rapid recovery and for you and your family to have the strength you need in this time of crisis.

Terry Hatfield
10-02-2004, 8:31 AM
Dick,

So sorry to hear abut the girls. Our family's thoughts and prayers are with your family and especially the little girls. Please let us know how it goes.

Terry and family

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-02-2004, 8:39 AM
I echo the others Dick. We will keep the babies and your family in our thoughts and prayers as well. Prayer............it's the best medicine I know of. :)

Tyler Howell
10-02-2004, 8:40 AM
We got your back Dick, Hang in there.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-02-2004, 9:18 AM
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers Dick!

Waymon Campbell
10-02-2004, 9:42 AM
Dick - Fran and I will be praying for the situation. You must feel terrible not being able to help out, but I know you'll be doing whatever you can. I just cannot imagine what I would do if my grandson where in the same situation, but prayer is powerful stuff. And I know you got a bunch of people here pull'in for a swift recovery.

Dennis Peacock
10-02-2004, 9:44 AM
You got it Dick.....Our prayers will be with your whole family during these very troubling times. Godspeed on healing and getting those babies home!!

Boyd Gathwright
10-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Dick,

…. Prayers have been said and will continue from our family to yours.

May God watch over all.

Boyd

Don Abele
10-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Dick, those two little ones and your entire family will be in our prayers.

Be well,

Doc

Wolf Kiessling
10-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Dick, with the condition my wife is in, I've been praying at least a half dozen times a day for the last three months. I'm just gonna include you and your family, particularly the baby grand daughters right along.

David Plaskett
10-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Dick,

Your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

David Klug
10-02-2004, 1:36 PM
Dick

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and yours. We are well aware of the heartbreak of having little ones in the hospital. May the Lord God above have mercy on them and comfort and give strenghth to all involved during these trying times.

DK

Greg Tatum
10-02-2004, 3:44 PM
I'll be praying for them.

Greg

Rich Konopka
10-02-2004, 3:46 PM
Dick:

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Wishing you Grand daughters a speedy recovery.

Jim O'Dell
10-02-2004, 8:14 PM
Ditto from our houshold, Dick. You are in our prayers. Keep the faith!! Jim.

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-02-2004, 8:20 PM
Dick:

My thougths are with you and your Family.

Bruce

John Shuk
10-02-2004, 8:26 PM
Dick,
An extra prayer is being said at our house too.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
10-02-2004, 9:13 PM
I'm in with all the rest, Dick. Keep the faith.

Jim Ketron
10-02-2004, 9:51 PM
Prayers on the way Dick!!!
hope the little ones are better soon!
Jim

John Miliunas
10-02-2004, 9:52 PM
Dick, sometimes keeping the Faith at times like this is tough. BUT, that's the best Faith there is! Hang in there. My prayers are with your grandkids and you and your family. May God bless.

Jeremy Bracey
10-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Yep, I'm in too. Prayer is powerful. Never be afraid to ask for a prayer.

Jack Diemer
10-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Can't have too much prayer. Got you covered here.

Dick Parr
10-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Thank you everyone. All your prayers and well wishes are most welcomed. The wife and daughter made it there ok today and have starting taking their shift with the twins and our 2 year old grandson that doesn't know what the heck is going on. :confused: The wife says that neither one of the twins has reached 6 lbs yet, except when the first one went in she doubled in size because of fluid build up, but she is now back to her normal weight of 5 lbs 11 oz.

All the doctors do expect full recovery with both twins with no apparent side affects from the meningitis. The first twin that went in does have stiff arms and legs from a seizure she had a week and a half ago and therapists are already helping her.

Again thank you all for your prayers, these little girls need them. :)

Jerry Olexa
10-03-2004, 12:01 AM
You can count on it We are thinking of you and your present challenge!

Charles McKinley
10-03-2004, 5:18 PM
Hi Dick,

We will be praying for your family. Be careful yourself being a batchelor again can be tough.

Lou Morrissette
10-03-2004, 9:20 PM
Dick,
Our prayers are with the twins and your family. Hang in there , Bud.

Peter Stahl
10-04-2004, 9:48 AM
Dick,

We'll be saying a prayer for the girls. Hope everything goes well.

Pete

Donnie Raines
10-04-2004, 9:51 AM
We wish your family nothing but the best!!!

Dick Parr
10-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Talked to our daughter (the one that went with my wife to help) last night and it seems the twins are holding their own right now. The first one that went in is expected to come home this Friday, but the other twin won't be coming home until at least the 22nd. As would be expected, everyone is exhausted and were glad for the relief the wife and daughter will give.

Thanks again for your prayers and kind thoughts.

Oh ya, one good thing is that the bigger twin, Shannan, has made it over 6 lbs. She is 6 lbs 3 oz which is a first so we are hoping that she is getting over this. :)

John Miliunas
10-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Awright Dick! :D Sounds like things are on the mend. Let's hope and pray that this trend continues for BOTH of them! Prayers also for all the family members...It's just GOT to be real tough! Hang in there. :cool:

Keith Starosta
10-04-2004, 12:27 PM
That's great to hear, Dick. We're keeping you and your family in our prayers. When our twins went into the hospital for ten days last year (with RSV), it was one of the most difficult times of my life.

I hope all continues to be well!

Keith

Roger Fitzsimonds
10-04-2004, 1:25 PM
I am glad there is some good news Dick. Your grandchildren and family will be in our prayers.

Roger

Chris Padilla
10-04-2004, 2:02 PM
Excellent! Since I'm a new father (2 1/2 year old girl), I've learned two things about kids that surprised me: they are smarter and tougher than I imagined!

Michael Stafford
10-04-2004, 2:06 PM
Dick, that is great to hear. Rough weather makes good timber. You and your family will do fine. Those children have a lot of folks cheering for them...