PDA

View Full Version : Quick Intro

Dave Gates
11-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Hello there...today my laser arrived so I thought it would be good to introduce myself instead of lurking the forums. Great place by the way.

I've been in the awards business for awhile now but 5 years full time. I do a little bit of everything.....diamond/rotary engraving, sublimation and sand blasting.

Tonight, I just broke the crate open and assembled the laser. Still have to move worktables, install software, get the exhaust hooked up and anything I'm forgetting. The weekend is going to be busy!

oh, anyone interested in a Dahlgren Wizard II? She's a beauty :D

-Dave

Mike Null
11-21-2009, 3:04 AM
Dave

Welcome to SMC. Good luck with your new machine.

Please have a look at the Terms of Service especially as related to advertising. (all ads must be in the classifed forum and can only be posted by contributors)

Rodne Gold
11-21-2009, 4:03 AM
Welcome
Dont be in a hurry to part with your rotary - they can do a lot a laser cant and the 2 machines are very complimentary.

James Jaragosky
11-21-2009, 3:24 PM
What brand machine did you get?
What size table do you have in it?
How many watts?
Do you have experience with Corel?
What will be the primary use for the machine?
Inquiring minds want to know:D

Have fun, and do not ever leave it running unattended!!!!!!
We look forward to pictures of your new machine and future projects.

Nice to meet you
Jim J.

Dave Gates
11-22-2009, 2:32 AM
Thanks for the tip...I'll get the for sale post up there later.

The Wizard was a great machine but I have a Vision system that is just a little bit faster :)

The laser is a Universal 18x24 table 50 watt tube.
I'm familiar with Corel and a bit with Illustrator and Photoshop as well.
It will be used mostly for acrylic awards. I'm sure I'll find a couple more uses for it soon enough.

Today, the machine is hooked up and everything checks out. Although the electrician won't be in till Monday or Tuesday to run the extra power outlets.

Pictures will happen after I get a new camera.

-Dave

Dan Hintz
11-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Welcome, Dave! Just so you're aware, you'll need to be a contributing member before posting for sale ads in the Classifieds section. Well worth every penny (and then some).