PDA

View Full Version : Pics of new shop

scott vroom
11-20-2009, 1:03 AM
After weeks of work, our shop is finally coming together. My son and I installed the subpanel and ran the conduit.....got plenty of 110 & 220 outlets around the perimeter. We set the shop up to have the TS, planer, jointer grouped around the dust collector. All the big tools are on rollers. Notice also the new Hitachi 10" combo slider and tracrac stand....a very nice setup. Suspended from the ceiling is a JDS air filtration system. A corner of the assembly table is in the right foreground of one of the pics. We used a hollow core door with 1/4" hardboard screwed to the face. It's reasonably flat and will get us by until my son builds a torsion box table.

Now it's time to start building cabinets!

Bill Huber
11-20-2009, 8:56 AM
I wish I had that much room in my shot...

Are you going to make one of those nice stands for the CMS, looks like you have the room.

You know you didn't put in enough outlets, I don't think you can ever put in to many and I don't think I have ever seen someone put in enough. :D

David Prince
11-20-2009, 9:23 AM
Is that a bottle of beer on the shelf?

Bill Arnold
11-20-2009, 9:29 AM
The first 'tool' for any new shop! ;)

Jim Rimmer
11-20-2009, 9:40 AM
I am always amazed at the detail picked up by members on this site. I end up going back and looking at the pics again.

Bill Huber
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM

Well I think its a beer bottle but it looks like and IBC Root Beer bottle, not the other kind.

scott vroom
11-20-2009, 11:05 AM
LOL...it's an empty Mendocino Imperial IPA. Leave it to you guys to comment more on the beer bottle than the shop!!

Gerry Werth
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Scott,
Good looking shop. And the Griz 690 looks good too. :D

Greg Wittler
11-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey who are you and why do you have my table saw and jointer...oh wait I haven't ordered them yet. I hope to have those same units by the end of the year over here in Sunnyvale.

scott vroom
11-20-2009, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=Bill Huber;1264041]I wish I had that much room in my shot...

"Are you going to make one of those nice stands for the CMS, looks like you have the room."

Bill, the we purchased a TracRac T3 Professional stand for the CMS. It's pricey at $239 but has the highest reviews and great features. My son and I also operate a small remodel business and we wanted a portable stand to use at job sites.

http://www.tracrac.com/assets/downloads/Product_sheets/T3_workstation.pdf