PDA

View Full Version : Used Industrial Sawstop or new professional sawstop?

mreza Salav
11-19-2009, 11:11 PM
I have been watching for a good used sawstop and to my big surprise a few have popped up recently (I guess because of economy situation).
If you had the option of buying a used Industrial Sawstop (in good condition) with 52" rail/fence and mobile base for about $2700 (Canadian) will you buy that one or will you go with a new professional version?
For the record the fully loaded industrial version (with tax) goes around $5k and the professional version is in $3500 range.
How much better is the industrial version?

Me thinking go with the used one, am I right?

Steve Roxberg
11-19-2009, 11:20 PM
I would go with the used one since it's already has some discount built in. When it comes time for you to sell it you will get a higher percentage of your money back.

Not much goes wrong with expensive saws.

Mike Heidrick
11-19-2009, 11:24 PM
The industrial saw is great.

Paul Ryan
11-20-2009, 9:20 AM
I would agree with Steve. Provided the ICS saw is in excellent condition I would buy it over the professional. You get a larger table and more saw for the money. But if the saw is only in fair condition I would go with the PCS. You will not be sorry settling with the PCS it is a really nice saw as well.

mreza Salav
11-20-2009, 10:03 AM
thanks folks. The owner says the industrial one is in good condition.
I'll go to take a look at it this weekend.

D Randall
11-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Used ICS @ $2700? in a heartbeat. go for it.

gary Zimmel
11-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Sweet find Mo.
Let us know when you get it home..

Prashun Patel
11-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Go for the industrial. The Industrial can't be THAT old.

What kinda blade guard does the Indy have on it? Didn't SS just redesign that for better dc?

Brian Penning
11-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Might be worth knowing if it's the 5 HP 3 phase or the 3HP 1 phase, no?

John Thompson
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Definitely the used Industrial version IMO. The trunnions and running gear are much beefier than the cheaper model professional. I seriously doubt the used one would not be in other than good condition unless someone just let the top rust, etc. Even then I would go for the used Industrial for both the 5 HP and beefier components.

Good luck...

mreza Salav
11-20-2009, 2:49 PM
The one I'm going to check is 3HP single phase.

Kyle Iwamoto
11-20-2009, 3:44 PM
I don't have any experience with the new version, but that ICS is awesome, and at that price, I would be in the truck right now. The newer versions do have better dust collection, but if that is important, I would imagine you could buy the top dust collector assembly. I don't think you could be unhappy with that purchase. Remember to ask for the dado brake, it should have come with 1 each. Mine had 2 regular brakes. Got mine used too, but at 2K. Stealth gloat.
If it don't already have the mobile base, you may want to consider buying one before you get it. If you ever decide you need to move it, the mobile base makes it MUCH easier.

Philip Rodriquez
11-20-2009, 4:45 PM
I have an ICS. No question, go for the used one.

John Coloccia
11-20-2009, 5:32 PM
If the ICS is anything like the Contractor saw, it only comes with the regular brake. I bought a dado brake and throat plate but they go unused since I don't really make dados with a table saw anymore.