PDA

View Full Version : Where is Michael Boyle?

Martin Cash
11-18-2009, 7:35 PM
OK - just to explain.
I bought an item from Michael some time ago and it has not yet arrived.
I have sent two PM's spaced over a couple of days, but have had no replies either.
Can anyone help with a contact other than PM, as it was a substantial purchase and I would really like to contact him.
I have posted this here as I do not have permission to post in the Classifieds section.
Thanks in advance
MC

Jim Koepke
11-18-2009, 8:32 PM
I did a search on the name and came up empty. Not sure if the classifieds conference is referenced in a standard search.

About when was the transaction? Did his profile list a location?

Does the method of payment have any recourse?

jim

John Keeton
11-18-2009, 8:52 PM
Jim, he is a contributor http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=33976

His last activity was Nov. 4, and he lives in Baltimore OH according to his profile.

John Shuk
11-19-2009, 9:57 AM
I hope you are able to work this out.
I have done a little bit of business with Creekers. I always look at the number of posts and then the content and type of posts. If I feel the person in question is a part of the community with seeming ties I'll do business with them. If not I won't.
Buyer beware and do your homework. It has been made fairly easy to do so here.
Best of luck getting what you need from this.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Martin,

Try sending Michael an email.

As a Moderator, I don't see the same screen you do. Frankly, I forget if members can see profiles and what they can see. Go to Michael's profile. Is there a "Contact Information" page? If so, is there an email address? IF there is try an email. IIRC, you can set up your user account so that you DO NOT receive email if you get PMs. If he hasn't checked in, he might not be aware you are trying to contact him.

Jim,
I did a search and was able to locate a lot of information about him in Baltimore, OH.

Try email first. The email should go through where as he might not be aware you have sent him PMs.

Martin Cash
11-19-2009, 5:09 PM
Thanks everyone,
I'll try an email and see how I get on.
Cheers
MC

Martin Cash
11-20-2009, 4:48 PM
Well, no luck so far.
I'll print an email here in the hope that I might get lucky.
Hello again Michael,
I hope you are well but I am worried that something has happened to you as you have not responded to my messages.
I have sent 2 PM's and this is my second email.
I have not received the CMT Sommerfeld Cove Raised Panel Set.
If you could let me know the Customs number I will try to track its progress from my end.
When was it mailed please.
Kind regards
MC

Tim Morton
11-20-2009, 7:43 PM
I hope you find him....on the other side of the coin...3 or 4 years ago i sold a dust collector to a regular member on here...he paid me up front maybe $300 or so. He said he was busy and would drive up to Vermont front Connecticut to pick it up.

Wll we chatted every month or so for the better part of a year....and then he just disappeared and never came by to pick it up...its still waiting on him to stop by some time....i don't even remember his name.:confused::confused:

Rick Moyer
11-20-2009, 7:55 PM
That was me Tim. Sorry but I can't use it. Just keep $100 for your trouble and send me back the other $200:p.

JUST KIDDING OF COURSE; it was not me!

Tim Morton
11-20-2009, 8:49 PM
LOL...i was expecting someone to drive up my driveway in a pickup truck:D:D

Martin Cash
11-22-2009, 12:04 AM
OK so two PM's and two emails, and an appeal in the forum and no response.
This looks like it may have come to a dead end.
I paid for these using Paypal.
Can anyone familiar with Paypal let me know if there is any recourse for getting a refund ?
I have heard that Paypal payments qualify for some kind of insurance. Can anyone verify this.
If there is hope of salvaging some funds here I would be keen to do so.
Thanks in advance
MC

Tom Veatch
11-22-2009, 2:09 AM
OK so two PM's and two emails, and an appeal in the forum and no response.
This looks like it may have come to a dead end.
I paid for these using Paypal.
Can anyone familiar with Paypal let me know if there is any recourse for getting a refund ?
I have heard that Paypal payments qualify for some kind of insurance. Can anyone verify this.
If there is hope of salvaging some funds here I would be keen to do so.
Thanks in advance
MC

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_complaint-view&nav=0.4

Good Luck!

Martin Cash
11-22-2009, 2:32 AM
Many thanks Tom.
I have gone through the initial process and taken the first steps.
Cheers
MC

ROY DICK
11-22-2009, 7:32 AM
Martin,
Paypal has what they call "Resolution Center", try that and good luck to you.

Roy