PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment center near finish......

Pete Rosenbohm
10-01-2004, 1:30 PM
Just about finished this center for a client, can't stack them until they are delivered. Yes Tyler i'll try to include some pictures. First time working with lacquer and i was please with the outcome.:)

Pete Rosenbohm
10-01-2004, 1:48 PM
Let me try this picture thing..:)

Pete Rosenbohm
10-01-2004, 1:55 PM
The units all stack on top of each other. The two units that are sitting on top of each other don't belong there. The top unit comes off and the larger open unit goes on top of the lower unit, and then the speaker unit goes on top of the larger unit. Just didn't have the space to stack them on the patio. The center measures 60 " wide and 8 ' tall and is done in red mahogany with a satin lacquer finish. Still have to put the pulls on, they are a hammered black fluer de lis design, waiting for them to come in as we speak ( or type ).

Shelley Bolster
10-01-2004, 2:09 PM
Sure glad you were able to figure out how to post the pictures Pete. Without them it would have been our loss - not to be able to admire such beautiful work!! Just remember to take along your camera when you deliver it!
Shelley

John Miliunas
10-01-2004, 2:34 PM
Awesome units, Pete! Beautiful detail work and has a truly "custom" look to it. :) Like Shelley said, I'm glad you figured out how to post pics! :D Great job! :cool:

Carl Eyman
10-01-2004, 3:38 PM
Pete. Those are some mighty fine pieces. Are they going into an old New Orleans house with 12 ft ceilings. They deserve a spectacular home.

Jason Tuinstra
10-01-2004, 4:01 PM
Pete, great job on those cabinets. They look great! I'm sure your clients will be very happy. I certainly know I would be!

Michael Stafford
10-01-2004, 4:31 PM
Great looking entertainment center! Pete you do fine work! I love the deep red mahogany color. Custom color or off the shelf?

Chris Padilla
10-01-2004, 4:33 PM
Looks good, Pete! Be sure to snap some pics when they are set-up in the client's room! :) I'm interested to see how they go together.

Jim Becker
10-01-2004, 5:28 PM
Super job, Pete! I took am looking forward to seeing the assembled unit in your client's home.

Pete Rosenbohm
10-01-2004, 5:55 PM
Carl it is gone in a new home across the lake from me and they do have 12 foot ceilings.

The finish is a red mahogany from min-wax with a lacquer sanding sealer, and three coats of satin lacquer. My first time using the lac.I worry about all the humidity down here, but I hit it just right.The level was around 49% when i sprayed and 79 degrees.Just had to add a lil retarder to the mix, worked fine.

I'll be sure to take some pics after install hopefully this weekend, will post as soon as i get them.

The speaker cabinet at the top open toward the ceiling to hold his speakers and sub-woofer.

The bottom unit has smoke glass doors in the center and thats where most of the components will be stored. The right hand door has what i call a cd/dvd/wall to hold their cd's and dvd's.The left hand door just has one shelf for storeage.

Thanks for all the nice comments, I hope they like it as much as you guys.

Pete Lamberty
10-01-2004, 6:23 PM
Pete, this looks really great. Very nice details and I love the color.

Jerry Olexa
10-01-2004, 8:30 PM
Pete Excellent Job!! Good custom look!! Love to see them in place assembled! Great work!

Gary Max
10-01-2004, 8:44 PM
Nice attention to detail---Looks like you used good hardware---Finish is great.
You could park it in my living room. Thanks for the pics

Gredo Goldenstein
10-01-2004, 8:46 PM
I love the entertainment center. I especially lilke the storage. I have also used Minwax red mahogany stain. I built a sewing cabinet for the LOML and stained it this color by request. I was very happy with it, looks like you were too. :)