PDA

View Full Version : Christmas tree stands

Lee Schierer
11-17-2009, 1:54 PM
My daughter asked me a question and I'm not qualified to give her a good answer because we have an artificial tree with an integrated stand and haven't had a real tree for 10-15 years.

She wants to know what is the best tree stand for a live Christmas tree.

Has anyone heard or used the The Tree Genie XXL or the Omega Christmas Tree Stand? Are these just gimmicks? Any out there better than these?

Lee

Matt Hankins
11-17-2009, 3:41 PM
It seems way to early to be having this conversation, but I think they have yet to beat this little number from Ace Hardware:

http://images.builderssquare.com/Detail/0/4/522/4522943_Detail.jpg

Matt

Jim Rimmer
11-17-2009, 3:50 PM
We bought live trees for the office last year and the seller provided wooden stands for low cost and we just tossed them with the tree. I had used the metal one in the previous post for 20+ years and it works great. Makes it easy to get the tree vertical.

Rod Sheridan
11-17-2009, 8:40 PM
Hi Lee, we have a heavy (about 20 pounds) green cast iron tree stand.

It holds lots of water, and doesn't tip over, as it has a base about 15 or 16" square.

I'm sure an internet search would turn one up...........Regards, Rod.

John Keeton
11-17-2009, 10:31 PM
We use an artificial tree now, but for many, many years we used one similar to Matt's with great success. Seems the ability to provide water for the first several days makes a real difference in the needle retention factor.

Kent A Bathurst
11-18-2009, 9:55 AM

It holds lots of water, and doesn't tip over, as it has a base about 15 or 16" square.

We've got the same one - for those years when I get a 12' tree for the 11' ceiling. Works great - had problems in years gone by with keeping the pointy end of the tree aimed at the ceiling.

Overkill for the 5' "Charley Brown" trees in other years, so I just use the low-end like in Matt's photo.

Von Bickley
11-18-2009, 10:09 AM

That's the one we use....... That is the BEST stand you will find.