PDA

View Full Version : Jet Mini Lathe Stand

Scott Greaves
03-26-2003, 8:53 PM
Jet Mini Lathe Stand. We had knocked this topic around a bit a couple of weeks ago, but I thought I'd bring it up again. I am planning on getting one of these stands for my Jet Mini. The best price I've found so far is $119, and that isn't shipped! Does anybody have a better price someplace? Thanks!

Scott.

Mark Patoka
03-27-2003, 3:25 PM
ShopNotes has a roll-around stand for a mini-lathe and extended bed. You may want to consider this unless you're looking for something more portable. You can see the back issue here.

Click Here (http://store.yahoo.com/backissuesstore/sn067.html)

Jennifer@Indy.USA
03-27-2003, 7:23 PM
Hi Scott,

Ask Al Crandall....he's a pro at making them! And they look just like they came right from the factory.

Al....I know you're going to kill me for this!

Jen :D

Ken Salisbury
03-27-2003, 7:34 PM
Scott --- It may be late for you --- but I plan on picking one up from General Industrial Supply on April 11th on my way through Nashville to the Indy picnic. I have one reserved for me to pick up. The problem is I didn't even ask how much when I talked to Rick Warren the other day. But since I know his price will beat everyone else (from past experience) it never occured to me to ask. If you haven't gotten one by then I will report back to you.

Dale Sherman
03-28-2003, 10:26 AM
Why not grab some wood and whip up your own stand? I built this one rather quickly out of some 2x4's, 1x4's, and some plywood.
http://www.cnywoodturners.org/images/JetMiniStand.jpg
Add a couple hinges and clasps and you've got a sturdy collapsable stand custom built to the height you want. Save your money for buying tools you can't make.
;)

Dale

Scott Greaves
03-28-2003, 7:06 PM
Thanks everybody! Yes, the purpose of the stand is portability. I'll be taking my Jet Mini to the Utah Woodturning Symposium with me in May. We're setting up some pen turning demonstrations at the Holiday Inn there the evening before the Symposium. I thought the Jet Stand would be handy and portable.

Jen - I notice Al didn't say No! ;-)

Ken - Thanks! I will check out their price, and they could ship it to me.

Dale - I may resort to a homemade one like you suggest, since I find myself spending my budget on some pricey modifications to the lathe itself. What one doesn't do to have the fastest Rambler in town!

(Stealth Gloat: I'll also be picking up a new Oneway 1224 while I'm down there for the symposium!)

Scott.

Richard Allen
03-29-2003, 8:25 AM
WOW Scott

You are going to LOVE the 1224! Forget the stand for the jet. Just use the new lathe!!!!

Another option is to pick up the stand from CraftSupplies with their 10% off sale the day before the symposium.

Thanks