PDA

View Full Version : Beech Wood Gloat

Brent Ring
11-17-2009, 12:06 PM
A friend that I referee ice hockey with works for a door manufacturer. He mentioned to me that he had a stack of 4/4 beech that had been purchased for a job, and then the customer had changed his mind and they have probably 10000+ bd ft of beech. He said I could have some, and I felt bad and asked if I could give him some money. He said $50 to the donut fund would be great. So, just over 200 bd ft later - which is as much as my dad would let me put in his Ford Ranger, here is what I got. 10 boards were 16" wide or wider.

I can probably get more of the $50 deals as well, as the stack has been sitting for over 3 years.

Aaron Berk
11-17-2009, 12:16 PM
You the man!
Cheep wood is an awesome opportunity. I'll let you load more than that in my F250 PSD, for a small cut of course:D

Jerome Hanby
11-17-2009, 1:06 PM
What a great deal. I bought a couple of 8/4 planks for the apron part of my workbench project and fell in love with the stuff. Look forward to seeing your projects!

lou sansone
11-17-2009, 9:30 PM
nice catch on the wood. I found beech a tough wood to work with. I used it to make the bench shown here