PDA

View Full Version : More updates to the Mission Chair

Scott Coffelt
09-30-2004, 9:33 PM
I've basically finished up the construction phase of my clients chair. Now for some sanding and then the finish. The customer wanted some changes to the original design, but is very similar. I have attached some latest pics and also a picture of the original.

John Miliunas
09-30-2004, 9:42 PM
Scott, lookin' good! :) As usual, great attention to detail and it looks as though you nailed the duplicate! :) I'm anxious to see it with the finish on it! :cool:

Scott Coffelt
09-30-2004, 10:07 PM
The customer asked to have it made 2" taller and my research showed that the original chair had a front over hang that was about 4" over the front whereas every other version I have seen shows about 1/4-1/2". I felt it really needed to be adjusted. I think she'll be happy (it was a woodworkers adjustment). She also has a rocking chair she wants made which fits more in scale with the chair I made. Together the two looked kind of oddly. We had talked about injecting some changes to make more alike. If she freaks then I just made myself a chair to sell and I get to start over. In addition, I think it needs some small brackets to support the wide arm rests as seen on the Stickley's. I need to frabricate them this weekend.

Thanks

Dennis Peacock
09-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Scott, Looks good my man..!!! Very well done and nice craftsmanship.!!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks to you, the LOML wants a pair of these chairs for our house!!! :eek: :p

Jim Ketron
09-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Looking good Scott!!
what kind of cushions/back are you going with? Lether?
Jim

Scott Coffelt
10-01-2004, 8:43 AM
The client found a place to buy the cushions. I believe she'll be going with the burnt orange leather as in the original picture. I'll have to do is build the chair and finish. She'll do the rest.

Dennis, if you want, I can email you the drawings, and measurements. You'll have to figure out some of my chicken scratches but they can be done.

Jason Tuinstra
10-01-2004, 9:18 AM
Scott, you're doing some nice work there. Keep it up. I'm sure you're starting to see that light at the end of the tunnel now! I look forward to seeing how they turn out. Are you going with leather seats or a fabric?

Joe Meazle
10-01-2004, 9:32 AM
Scott,

I really like the your chair, simple clean lines and good proportions. The LOML is lobbying for me get a Morris chair built. I would love to have a set of you plans.

Thanks and keep us posted.

Joe

Scott Coffelt
10-01-2004, 5:15 PM
Joe send me your email (PM Me) and I'll try and through something together this weekend time permitting, or least something soon if that doesn't work.

Chris Padilla
10-01-2004, 5:22 PM
I have only one question: Hows come you didn't make the back crooked/canted like in the original pic?? Can't you follow directions???? :p

Nice job.... :D

Scott Coffelt
10-01-2004, 6:52 PM
Obviously the original is missing it's screws on that side. I'll have to do is take the screas out. :D