PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
11-16-2009, 8:58 AM
16 Nov 2009

Good Morning,
I had a good few days off work last week and that allowed me to get some much needed rest as well as a few things done around the house. The day job is still holding out, but who knows really. I'll keep showing up as long as my badge keeps working.

Got all the firewood taken care of as well as started collecting for next year's supply. Spent some much needed time with the family just goofing around and enjoying each other. This week I will finish up the doll bed as it will need to be delivered next week. I will need to finish up this rocking chair repair so the owner can pick it up and I can get it out of my house.
Played a little Chicktionary with with LOML last night and what fun that was. Talk about a good brain exerciser.!!!!

Well, that's about it from me.....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-16-2009, 9:03 AM
Finished building the stand for my mortiser. Now I just need to get it sanded and a finish on it.

Watched a little football.

Recuperated from a week of having a 3 year old great-granddaughter around to entertain and wear us out!

Matt Meiser
11-16-2009, 9:29 AM
I did this (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1260601#post1260601).

Jerome Hanby
11-16-2009, 9:53 AM
Picked up a piece of 8/4 walnut for a couple of Christmas projects (Wood Mag Crane and Excavator). Finished building a built-in unit for my wife's bathroom project. It's all sealed, sanded, test fitted and ready for her to paint. Fired up my new old RAS and cut a bit with it. Runs and cuts great, but I'm not sure that the person that built the table and fence really understood what they were doing :D. Developed all new hatred for my current router wing on my tablesaw:mad:.

Rod Sheridan
11-16-2009, 9:58 AM
My activities are here

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=124903

Regards, Rod.

Derek Gilmer
11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Found a great little local sawmill to get rough cut lumber from. I went intending to buy about 100 bf of oak to let dry and work on in spring. Instead I came back with around 300 bf of oak, 120 bf of cedar and some other assorted pine and red oak since he was giving a price that could not be refused. Now if only the oak would hurry and dry :D

Joe Mioux
11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
changed a bath room exhaust fan, changed on a door lock (which was a pain), fixed a switch on a lamp, re-assembled a ceiling fan, and cleaned two toilets.

Dale Osowski
11-16-2009, 3:28 PM
Went to a wedding and also found some photos of my old shop to put on my blog, http://timberwerksstudio.blogspot.com/ The current studio is getting a make over. It's much smaller than the old shop but it works wel for the type of work I now do.

Rob Young
11-16-2009, 5:30 PM
I made a marking gauge (cherry with a blade cut from a retired circular saw blade). And made the rear tote for my "new" 80's vintage #5. Rosewood to replace the plastic tote. Next up is to make the front knob.

Fun stuff!

Jacob Mac
11-16-2009, 5:36 PM
I drove an hour to pick up some cherry for a nightstand I plan to build. I also set up some shelves in my shop. Other than that, I watched UFC 105 and played with my kids.

My weekend was light on actual woodworking, but it is fun to plan the project and pick out lumber. If I do a good job of buying the lumber and thinking through the project, it usually turns out a lot better. Hopefully I will be able to finish the nightstand in time to give to my wife for Christmas. Knowing me, it will probably be closer to February, but a man can dream.