PDA

View Full Version : New shop dog

Gary Kvasnicka
11-15-2009, 9:28 PM
Adopted this puppy today from the local shelter. I forgot how much energy a puppy has.
His name is Frankie and he is 11 weeks old. He did not get a big welcome from Cotton the shop cat, but I am sure they will get along.

jerry nazard
11-15-2009, 9:54 PM
Now that is one cute pup! Tell Cotton to be careful, those puppies grow up to become big dogs.

Jim O'Dell
11-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Cute pup!! And kudos for saving one from the shelter!!!!!!! Jim.

Sam Takeuchi
11-15-2009, 11:43 PM
That's such an adorable puppy. he looks bit uneasy, but I'm sure he'll be making happy face in no time. As a guy who dreams to build an animal sanctuary one day, this kind of thing really makes me happy. You saved a life :)

Ted Shrader
11-16-2009, 8:46 AM
Gary -

Congratulations n the new addition. He looks loke he has some character! Thank you for thinking of the local shelter as a place to get a new companion.

Regards,
Ted

Greg Peterson
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM
There's a reason puppies (and kittens for that matter) are cute.

Good call going to the local shelter. Sounds like the pup's destiny took a turn for the better.

Cotton will learn to ignore the dog just like everything else that doesn't make the sound of a can of cat food being opened.

Curt Harms
11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Cotton will learn to ignore the dog just like everything else that doesn't make the sound of a can of cat food being opened.

:D Boy isn't that the truth. We have a Maine Coon mix that can recognize the sound of of a knife on his dish cutting up turkey sausage from anywhere in the house. He just "appears".

Matt Sollars
11-16-2009, 10:55 AM
My wife and I picked up a ''shop'' kitten this weekend as well.
We're trying to introduce it to our Lab without the lab thinking it's a small rabbit. It is proving to be a loooong road ahead. She doesn't fancy the newest addition.

Matt

Zach England
11-16-2009, 10:57 AM
On an unrelated note, how did the "bench dog" get its name?

Jim McFarland
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Cute pup!! And kudos for saving one from the shelter!!!!!!! Jim.

What Jim said!

Good for you!

Rod Sheridan
11-16-2009, 1:29 PM
Gary, that's one cute dog.

I have a shop cat, a large black male domestic shorthair, named Ellington.

Like all our pets, he's a shelter product.

Ellington likes everyone, he has dog, cat and skunk friends.

He's a big cat, with very large paws and an excellent set of claws.

He makes our neighbours Labrador cross the street, rather than walk on the sidewalk in front of our house. It all started years ago when the neighbour let go of the dog, who assumed that snoozing cats on the front steps were fair game.

Ellington whipped out his two front paws, put one on each side of the dogs nose, and inserted all his claws, while laying on his stomach.

Poor Ruckus (the dog) was crying like a baby as Elington retracted and advanced his claws several times, then let go.

Ruckus hasn't tried to chase Ellington since, and crosses the road in front of our house on his way home, if Ellington is sunning himself.

By the same token, he has become best buddies with the neighbourhood skunk, and we've had phone calls from neighbours reporting Ellington and the skunk walking up the road together.

Animals sure are entertaining............Regards, Rod.

Jim Rimmer
11-16-2009, 1:43 PM
Cute dog. Will he grow to fit those feet?

We adopted a shelter dog and have had her for about 6 months or so. She must have really been abused - i have to remember not to reach to pet her if I have anything in either hand or she will cower and pee. Somebody must have been hitting her with whatever they could grab. Love and patience and maybe she'll eventually forget.

Gary Kvasnicka
11-16-2009, 8:24 PM
Cute dog. Will he grow to fit those feet?

I am sure he will... at the pace he is putting away the puppy chow he could grow into them by next week.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind comments. He took a closely supervised sniffing tour of the shop this afternoon. He likes to roll in oak shavings under the lathe, I think he is going to be very happy here.

Bruce Page
11-16-2009, 8:29 PM
Congrats to all!
He's a good looking pup!