PDA

View Full Version : Ecabinet design software and COOP

Jason Thaxton
09-30-2004, 2:28 PM
I have been using this program for some time and if you are building built ins euro or face frame cabinets as a living or on the side I would strongly recomend you look into it. Even if you dont use the design part of the program the coop is great. As an example I get woodtechnology full overlay euro hinges for .63 cents. A set of Drawer runners for a buck. Just thought I would pass on the info I do cabinet work as a part time side job and not only is the design software great it has saved me hundreds on each job just by purchasing through them. Even better is its free
http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/

Michael Perata
09-30-2004, 7:42 PM
Jason

I started in with eCabinets on their first distribution but their wall generation was terrible, so I stopped using it.

I have the latest ready to load, any experience with the version.

Jason Thaxton
09-30-2004, 11:41 PM
It has really come a long way. I make alot of euro cabinets and I think its great. It has a nice sheet optimizer and the prices on hardware are increadable. Its worth having just to get the discounted on hardware.

Paul Comi
10-01-2004, 4:55 PM
What's the catch? Do you have to buy from or deal with them exclusively? Do you have to be a professional? What if you just want to learn cabinetry and do it on the side?

Jason Thaxton
10-01-2004, 5:25 PM
There isn't a catch I have been using it for about a year and am a 1 man part time shop. I have no ties to the company I thought I would just pass on the info. I did have to call them to get it because Im not listed as a business but I just told them that I build out of my garage they were fine with that. You dont have to buy through them if you dont want to. There was no cost to get the software or anything else. They carry Hefala Blum Thermawood salice woodtechnologies Grass..... They sell tools also but the prices arnt that good but for hardware I cant get it any cheaper in the quantity I buy. I use it to design kitchens offices built-ins that I build part time. they have a real nice proposal builder that is great also. Its designed more for kitchens baths office and built-ins. has anyone else used it I would like to hear what they have to say.

Steve Clardy
10-02-2004, 11:39 AM
I've had E-cabinet since they came out with it. Had lots of trouble with it.
I did all the web updates and disc changes they had and it got better.
But my old computer just wouldn't handle the program right. Lots of errors and lockups. I now have a computer that will handle the program, and have the latest version of the software, but haven't got back in there to use the program, due to lack of time.
I need to find some time to really learn the program as it would be very helpful. I do cabinets and staircases.
Maybe I had better get to checking their coop again on prices. When they first started the prices were higher than what I was buying hardware for at the time. Those hinge prices sound pretty good now.
Steve