PDA

View Full Version : I've found a new tool store

George Rinehardt
11-15-2009, 12:05 AM
There's a new store that opened up in the mall, here. My foreman @ work told me about it, so I decided to stop in and give it a look, and man... The name of the place is called "Direct Tools", it's a factory store, not be confused with web site call "Direct Tools and Fasteners". It's a store that sells new and factory referb. power tools. Now I have aways been weary of refeb. power tools, but I after seeing the prices.
I've been in the market for a planner. Having to deal with "off-the-rack" sized board was getting old. So, after finding a Ridgid 13" planner for only $167.00 (total price) and with a 1 year warrenty, I jumped. After getting it home I hooked it up to my dust collection system and gave it a try. It worked great and is still going strong. The store is mainly Ridgid, Ryobi, Black and Decker, etc. with a wide range of different tools such as table saws, radial miter saws, band saws, circular saws, jig saws, drills (both power and battery), pressure washer, the list goes on.
Before I purchased it, I contacted my local service center for Ridgid tools and they told me that during the warrenty period, if I had any issues to just take it to my local Home Depot and a carrier would stop by and take it to the service center, free. All I had to do is send a copy of the receipt. If you want a good deal, just check it out if you have one close by, sorry I couldn't find a web site to order from, just a location directory. I also contacted Ridgid to see if I could purchase their "Lifetime Warrenty" but it's only for the new tools, oh well. I've already got my sights set on a Ridgid oscillating edge belt / spindle sander. I'm thinking they had some there for about $79.00. The ones at Home Depot are $199.00 plus tax.
If any one else had tried out this store, let me know how it went for you. Thanks

Matt Meiser
11-15-2009, 6:40 AM
I went to the one in Birch Run, MI. That one didn't have anything from B&D. I got the impression that it was an outlet for TTI -- Ryobi, Ridgid, Dirt Devil, etc. They had some Milwaukee accessories, but no tools. I thought the prices for recon tools were pretty decent.

Barry Vabeach
11-15-2009, 8:05 AM
I couldn't find a website, but did see that they have a number of stores in prime outlet locations
http://www.primeoutlets.com/our-brands/direct-tools-factory-outlet.aspx

Mike Wilkins
11-15-2009, 9:17 AM
Hey George. Where is the location in North Carolina?? Sounds like a place that can easily make your wallet lighter. Thanks.

Mike Cruz
11-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah, we have one over here in Hagerstown, MD. It is in an outlet mall. Prices looked good. I didn't buy anything. I was actually going there to get something specific, but they didn't carry what I wanted/needed. Neat place.

Eric Roberge
11-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Mike,
It's in the Concord Mills Mall off I-85 in Concord (Near Lowe's Motor Speedway)

and...

George... I was eying that planer....you beat me to it :D
Congrats! That's a nice planer.

Dave Lehnert
11-15-2009, 10:21 AM
They just opened a store in the new outlet mall north of Cincinnati at the Traders World exit.