PDA

View Full Version : I got to spend the day at a Bihn Pho Demo

Joe Meirhaeghe
11-14-2009, 8:15 PM
:D:D Small Gloat !
I got to spend the day at a Bhin Pho Demo today.
If ever you all get a chance to see Bhin Demo do yourself a favor and go to it.
I've meet Bhin and have had dinner with him a number of times through another friend of mine who is also I professional turner,and is friends with Bhin.:D
I've also got to toured his studio before.
However today is the first time I've ever got to see him demo.
Bhin's demo included a slide show of his works and his insperations. Then he did thin walled turning, airbrushing and piercing.
This man's talents are nothing short of amazing!!!

Steve Schlumpf
11-14-2009, 8:49 PM
Congrats Joe! Binh's work had always been amazing! It's one thing to do thin wall turnings but to then pierce and color and create a finished product that takes your breathe away is simply that - amazing! Glad you had a chance to go!

Joe Meirhaeghe
11-14-2009, 8:53 PM
Congrats Joe! Binh's work had always been amazing! It's one thing to do thin wall turnings but to then pierce and color and create a finished product that takes your breathe away is simply that - amazing! Glad you had a chance to go!
Thanks Steve. & congrats on your recent award & sale too.

Steve Schlumpf
11-14-2009, 8:57 PM
Thanks Joe - appreciate it!

Bernie Weishapl
11-14-2009, 9:37 PM
Congrats Joe. I had the honor of eating lunch with Bhin and attending a demo in which he turned a thin wall, pierced and air brushed the piece. I agree with you that anyone who has a chance should really do it. I just bought a airbrush outfit on his recommendation. Hopefully this next year I will get to do some playing when I retire.

George Morris
11-14-2009, 10:13 PM
That is a dream to see him demo. I must say you are a lucky dog! Great gloat I have his DVD and piercing and air brush are on my list to try. He is the MASTER!

Bob Bergstrom
11-14-2009, 10:24 PM
I attended S.O.F.A. (Sculptured Objects and Functional Art) in Chicago last week. Besides having his wood bowls on displayed I notice he also had some green pierced glass bowls. Is this another talent we of the wood world don't know about? I too have spent the day with Bhin and have to say the same. The man is a rare talent. He does all this beautiful work after he finishes his regular day job.