I see a design change in the works.
I hope. :(

Roy

Bill O'Conner
11-14-2009, 2:16 PM
why does that bowl have a pedestal HEHEHEHE

Jake Helmboldt
11-14-2009, 2:20 PM
Roy, a canning funnel needs a much narrower mouth, otherwise it won't fit in the can.;)

If it is worth salvaging what about gluing on a base of contrasting wood (say walnut) and turning a foot out of that. It could also yield an interesting contrast on the inside. Just a thought.

Steve Schlumpf
11-14-2009, 5:29 PM
Wow - great opportunity to get creative! How about a foot and matching rim out of some contrasting color wood? That way the rim and the inside of the bowl match and your design opportunity is less noticeable.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-14-2009, 5:40 PM
Roy,

I looked to the south and thought I saw blue smoke on the horizon!:rolleyes:

We've all been there. I'd try Steve's suggestion.

ROY DICK
11-14-2009, 5:48 PM
Thanks everyone.
I do have a thought in mind. (Big problem there :D).
But I'll send pics before I do any glueing for comments.
When I did this, I just had to laugh at myself.
Oh well, no harm no foul.

Roy

Bernie Weishapl
11-14-2009, 6:44 PM
Roy I would flatten the bottom and glue a piece of contrasting wood on then finish. I have to laugh. The bowls that I have done the same thing and glued on the bottom actually sold first at craft fairs. I had a pretty walnut with some nice sap wood that I textured the rim on and then blew thru the bottom. I glued a piece of cherry on the bottom and finished. My wife said put $50 on it since it was walnut and if it doesn't sell she would keep it. It sold within 5 minutes of the show opening. Same thing happened with a cherry bowl only with a walnut bottom. A lady bought it the first hour last spring for a candy dish on her desk at work. Go figure.