PDA

View Full Version : Praise where it's due

Tom Bull
11-13-2009, 3:41 PM
I just wanted to tell you all about a recent order I placed with McMaster-Carr. I needed some acrylic rod for a project and found it on their website. I placed the order at about 2:30 PM on Thursday afternoon. To my surprise the package was on my doorstep Friday afternoon...no overnight shipping, just ups brown. They're in Chicago, I'm Kansas City area suburb.
Great job!

Guy Mathews
11-13-2009, 4:17 PM
I just wanted to tell you all about a recent order I placed with McMaster-Carr. I needed some acrylic rod for a project and found it on their website. I placed the order at about 2:30 PM on Thursday afternoon. To my surprise the package was on my doorstep Friday afternoon...no overnight shipping, just ups brown. They're in Chicago, I'm Kansas City area suburb.
Great job!

Tom,

Our company deals with McMaster for a lot of stuff. I have found that most everything we order is recieved within 48 hours at most, UPS Ground and usually within 24 hours again, UPS Ground. The one or two times we have had a problem, a phone call and 3 minutes with one of their dedicated staff solves any problem.

Guy

Randy Digby
11-13-2009, 5:20 PM
I've dealt with McMaster for many yeas in industry and have never had a problem with their delivery. I have never had a "Well, the computer showed it in stock, but...". They may be a little high in price but they are great in service. I believe you can still get them 24/7.

Mike Null
11-13-2009, 5:29 PM
I recently over ordered stainless steel tags. I called to see if they'd take them back. No problem and at full price--I didn't have to pay a re-stocking fee.

Jim Good
11-14-2009, 10:08 AM
I've always had good experiences with them, too.

Anthony Scira
11-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Top notch in my book !

Doug Griffith
11-14-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm in the middle of an order with them right now and order from them almost daily. Nothing but good experiences. There are times when I've ordered in the late afternoon and received the shipment in the early morning the next day.

Their website is also top notch for dealing with such a large number of items.