PDA

View Full Version : Jason Tuinstra "made" me do it

Donnie Raines
09-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Well...with Jason Tuinstra leap into FWW mag, I had to post my latest venture. I was not going to post it(I kept thinking that would be conceded....but my wife told me other wise.... :rolleyes: ). My freind Chris Schwarz at Popular Woodworking ask me to be on the cover of their October issue....so i did. It has been on stands now for a few weeks. It was kinda odd walking through Lowes and seeing my mug in the magazine rack...right next to the counter!!!

Click on the link for the Home page of Popwood.....that be me on the cover cutting out some Cabriole legs...THANKS FOR LOOKING!! :D

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/

Dennis Peacock
09-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Congrats Donnie!!!!!!! I'm very proud for ya and excited all the while. I know you're excited....and I'm happy for ya.!!!! :D

Jack Hogoboom
09-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Didn't recognize you with all of your fingers....

Tyler Howell
09-30-2004, 11:46 AM
A Celeb! We're not worthy, we're not worthy!:p :p

Rich Konopka
09-30-2004, 12:36 PM
I always wondered where they got the models for those shoots !!

Can I have your autograph now that you are Rich and Famous?

Congratulations!!

larry merlau
09-30-2004, 12:40 PM
well i see i was almost close to real celeb in the ww world. ifi had know that i wouldnt have troubled you with questions on some cherry you and jason have the monopaly on that i think. will have to get that issue form dad and take a better look. that way when i am out and about i can spot you better. you might be incognito then too :D glad you got your chance and i am sure you deserve it. the lumber price will soon rize huh :D

Larry Crim
09-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Hardly recognized you with all that photo shoot makeup On.

Only kidding Congrats you are officially a celeb.
Larry

John Miliunas
09-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Sheeeeesh....SMC is starting to read like the "Who's Who in WW"!!! :D Congrats Donnie! Guess I'll need to go purchase that issue. :cool:

Michael Stafford
09-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Ditto what Tyler said. You and Jason elevate us all. Some of us need all the elevatin' we can get. Congrats!

Donnie Raines
09-30-2004, 12:53 PM
For the record...the street price for this issue is 5.99
With my John Hancock on it the price moves to 5.99........ :D

It was fun. It was amazing how many diffrent times we shot this postion. I would move my arm here...there...back here.. then over there again...ok we like the first one....

Oh well...all in a days work..... :rolleyes:

Jim Becker
09-30-2004, 2:08 PM
I guess I have to get to Ohio now for that precious autograph. I don't take that magazine normally, but happened to get it as part of a "free trial" that I timed specifically for that very picture!! :D Great job, Donnie!!!

Dan Gill
09-30-2004, 2:10 PM
I wondered why that issue came in a brown wrapper . .. :D

Chris Padilla
09-30-2004, 3:02 PM
Wow...first Jason, and now Donnie...I have only one question:

Who is next!!?? :D :D

BTW, you think this razorback nose will get me anywhere???? :o

larry merlau
09-30-2004, 3:08 PM
Wow...first Jason, and now Donnie...I have only one question:

Who is next!!?? :D :D

BTW, you think this razorback nose will get me anywhere???? :o
probally todd burch perhaps definatly wont be me ever ;)

Steve Clardy
09-30-2004, 3:52 PM
A Celeb! We're not worthy, we're not worthy!:p :p

Ditto Tyler.

Jerry Olexa
09-30-2004, 5:59 PM
Tom Cruise and Bratt Pitt move over, We have a new Media darling in our midst!! Congratulations!!

Jim Ketron
09-30-2004, 6:04 PM
Congrats Donnie:D your gona have to build a case for your mag and hang it on the wall.
Jim

Michael Stafford
09-30-2004, 7:51 PM
Donnie will not need a case to see himself, he can just look in the mirror. :p Hey if I'm ever on the cover of anything besides America's Most Wanted magazine I'll wallpaper with it! ;)