PDA

View Full Version : Boxes

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know of some place to buy wooden boxes, that are designed for the 4.25 &/or 6 inch tiles to fit into the lids. We have always purchased them from one company but they only sell retail.

Margaret Turco
11-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Colorado Heirloom has some http://www.coloradoheirloom.com/Tile%20Products.html

I have only bought their tile dog urns but those have been nice.

Martin Boekers
11-13-2009, 11:18 AM
There are a few companies I buy from, Conde, Laser Reproductions, Aftosa
Try searching under dye sub wood boxes and you will bring up a few more.
Most dye sub vendors carry boxes and or frames, quality can vary greatly!

Also I use CLT as opposed to dye sub or laser (quicker and cheaper) that way I can use any tile. Tile may not fit exactly but with a bit of burnishing on the side of them they will fit nicely.
dye sub tile are more consistant in sizing as many are hardboard or specifically designed to fit. But at $2.00+ for dye sub or $.15 for Lowes I'll go with Lowes!

Marty.

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-24-2009, 7:41 AM
Thanks everyone for all the company leads, I normally order from Aftosa but was looking for something a little less expensive. I orders some for one of the other companies and have mixed feelings about them. They are very light, very light but nice, beautifully lined. I'll try them and see how the customers like them. Thanks again.

Martin Boekers
11-24-2009, 6:12 PM
I bought some discountiued ones from LRI recently, (about $4ea for 4.25x4.25 tiles) lightweight but with a tile inserted it gives it heft. I thought about adding a tile on the underside bottom as it had a cavity there it would fit in giving it more weight and a bit of balance. Since I use regular tile ($.15) cost isn't an issue. Again my experience is like yours quality varies. If you find a good supplier please let me know.

Marty