PDA

View Full Version : Rgb led

Zlatko Kursar
11-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi guys,

I want just to show you my latest artwork.
It is RGB fading LED in aluminium pipe.
You can watch video on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdnE6B3f2o0

Sorry for my english. :D

Mike Null
11-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Zlatko

Welcome to Sawmill Creek.

Very nice work and a good idea.

Stuart Orrell
11-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Nice work Zlatko,

Did you make the LED assembly yourself? If you made it yourself, can you let me know if there were any difficulties?

I've been looking for something similar that is available in the UK. But they usually seem to be very expensive here. Maybe I should make my own as I can get the individual parts quite easily.

Frank Corker
11-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Nice job. The acrylic does look good when lit from underneath, magical of a night time. Congratulations on getting the moving colours.

Dee Gallo
11-13-2009, 1:01 PM
I love this! I'm sure everyone would like to know where the base came from. It's quite sleek and attractive. Those of us who make nightlights are always looking for something new and different. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Creek!

cheers, dee

Dan Hintz
11-13-2009, 1:18 PM
Dee,

Sounds like he made it. Aluminum pipe slit down the side to hold the plexi, LED strip inside

Mike Null
11-13-2009, 1:47 PM
I saw one of these at one of the eye glass stores recently when I went to buy some new cheaters. The base was black acrylic but the light changed colors like this one.

Zlatko Kursar
11-14-2009, 3:51 AM
Here is some pictures how I made it.
For now, electronic circuit is outside of pipe but in future I will make all inside.
I use RGB LED with ATMEL microcontroller (I am electrician).
Stuart, it is very easy circuit with few elements but for microcontroller you must have programmer to fill it with right programm.
I can send schematic of circuit and program, but you must fill a microcontroller.

Stuart Orrell
11-14-2009, 4:18 AM
Hi Zlatko,

Thank you very much for your explanation and pictures. There's no need to send me any further information but others may be interested. I have some local clients that can help me out with the electronics side and prototyping.

The end result looks great. Thanks again!