PDA

View Full Version : seeking advice and tips for using Cermark

Clyde Baumwell
11-13-2009, 8:14 AM
Hi all
I unsuccessfully searched this forum looking for threads that might offer tips, tricks or methods for using Cermark on metal. I see bits here and there but nothing concrete. I have been experimenting and have only found that I need to slow the speed down A LOT from the suggested speed. I see some members have done photographs successfully!! How is that done? The Cermark/Ferro site wasn't very helpful. Anyone want to share their experiences?

Thanks in advance

Belinda Barfield
11-13-2009, 8:25 AM
Steve Rozwood with Ferro is a member. His e-mail address is rozwoods@ferro.com, or call Ferro and ask to speak with him. Good Luck!

Bill Cunningham
11-14-2009, 4:51 PM
Hi all
I unsuccessfully searched this forum looking for threads that might offer tips, tricks or methods for using Cermark on metal. I see bits here and there but nothing concrete. I have been experimenting and have only found that I need to slow the speed down A LOT from the suggested speed. I see some members have done photographs successfully!! How is that done? The Cermark/Ferro site wasn't very helpful. Anyone want to share their experiences?

Thanks in advance

Lower res photos (150 dpi) etched at 300 dpi seem work better with cermark. Also Cermark has a tendency to darken the pic quite a bit(one of the reasons for a lower dip) so make sure the original scan is a little lighter than you would normally like it.. The rest will depend on your machine and will need some tweaking.. Pick up some stainless scraps at a local metal shop, and run your tests until you find a setting that works with your machine.