PDA

View Full Version : Woodpeckers Coping Sled

Matt Meiser
11-12-2009, 10:06 PM
A friend of mine loaned me his brand new Woodpeckers coping sled to use during my kitchen project. I'd planned to just make a disposable one which I've done before with good results. But why pass up the opportunity to try a new tool?

Well, I like it so much I plan to just keep his (I had a minor mishap with it) and picked up a new one for him from Woodwerks while I was in Columbus yesterday for work.

Yes, its expensive. But its really nicely made, very adjustable, and pretty heavy (an advantage, IMHO.)

Some other things I like:
- The sacrificial fenced is just a piece of extra stock so you can just cut it off or toss it when you change profiles.
- The sled rides against the fence using the clear plastic piece at the top. No worrying about cutting away part of the sled. UNLESS---if you accidentally set the sled into the T-slot in your fence you will customize the front edge :o They actually recommend a sacrificial fence too which I'll do next time.
- By design, the bit is pretty well guarded. Something I like since I've got previous router v. finger experience.
http://www.woodpeck.com/media/main_Coping-Sled-Beauty-1.jpg

Pete London
11-27-2009, 9:54 AM
Matt,

Thanks for the review. I was thinking of getting one of these and now that they are on sale and free shipping it is very tempting.

Did you have any further comments on the piece? My tabel, top, life etc is all from Woodpeckers...excellent stuff IMHO.

PL

Jim Kirkpatrick
11-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Black Friday special: they're 10% off free shipping. I'm in!
http://www.woodpeck.com/copingsled.html

From Woodpeck: From now until midnight Thursday, December 3rd, save 10% on all Woodpecker brand tools and accessories. That includes our newest products including our PRL-V2, Saw Gauge, and our Offset Router Base. Also, save on our Router Lifts, Router Tables, Woodpeckers Clamp Accessories, Woodpeckers Measuring Tools, etc.
Use COUPON CODE: SAVE for 10% off any Woodpecker product .
Also, just in time for the big Holiday weekend, Woodpeckers is offering Free Shipping on any order over $50, Beginning Thursday, November 26th at 12:01 am (EST) use the coupon FREESHIP to take advantage of this offer. Now is the time to stock up on all of those products you have been waiting for, or send this email to that special someone who may be buying gifts for you this week! But don't wait too long, this offer expires on Monday, Nov 30th at midnight.

Use coupon code FREESHIP to take advantage of this offer.