PDA

View Full Version : Xenetech Controler problem - PCI board

Jim Hockenberer
11-12-2009, 9:32 PM
I have a Zenetech 3100 Controler, running a TLC200 table. I have been told that the PCI card in the computer is bad and that it can't be replaced or repaired. Is there any suggestions on how to get our engraver up and running.

James Jaragosky
11-12-2009, 9:38 PM
I have a Zenetech 3100 Controler, running a TLC200 table. I have been told that the PCI card in the computer is bad and that it can't be replaced or repaired. Is there any suggestions on how to get our engraver up and running.
Who told you it cannot be repaired? There are several places that repair boards. The pricing is around $5 a resistor.

Scott Shepherd
11-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Jim, I feel your pain. There is a company that makes an entire replacement for that system that's 1/2 the price of the Xenetech solution.

It's out of California, I believe. If anyone could help you, it would probably be them.

www.q1engravers.info (http://www.q1engravers.info)

Mark Winlund
11-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Same here. I have (had) 3 xenetech systems... when I needed a new interface board for one of them, they told me they were old and obsolete, and that they would send me an upgrade for (only) 5000+ dollars! Xenetech used to be a great company until Jay Hoffpauir died.

I used to be one of their greatest promoters until the last couple of years. Check back in this forum... this isn't the first time they have had problems with customers being left high and dry. It's a good thing I am retired.... I would never even consider buying engraving equipment from them ever again.

Mark

Mike Null
11-13-2009, 2:06 PM
Fred at Q1 is a top notch guy and will do the kind of work you expect.