PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Filtration

Laura Zaruba
09-30-2004, 12:34 AM
I saw awhile back there was a discussion on indoor filtration systems for shows and such. Did anyone ever build their own or find a temporary solution?

The show I'm planning to do in November would like us to demonstrate if possible (not to mention it would probably boost sales on impulsive personalized buying) and my husband seems to think we can attach a heavy duty vacuum bag to the exhaust hose but I'm not so sure.

I'm waiting to hear if I can get a spot near a window or door, which would solve this problem this time, but in case I can't I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Thanks!

Lynn Kull
09-30-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi Laura, I am a reseller of ULS's Versalaser and they offer an air cleaner cart on wheels for the Versalaser. It has a blower and 3 filters, a prefilter, a hepa filter and a carbon filter. If your going to try and build one you may want to purchase these types of filters. Also I understand that wood is not a desirable material to burn when using a filters as it clogs them faster than other materials and the filters are not cheap. That's about all I know. Lynn

Laura Zaruba
09-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Hi Lynn.

Thanks for your info. At this point I don't want to spend a lot of time and money on a system, I'm looking for more of a cheap and temporary solution. It's not necessary that I bring the machine on site and maybe if things go well at this show I'll invest in an actual system for the future.

Dale Sherman
09-30-2004, 3:21 PM
I've seen a filter box in use at a couple of shows and in a classroom. I think the exhaust air is passed through an activated charcoal and finally through a HEPA filter. This gets rid of most of the odor and the smoke particulates. No reason you couldn't build one.

Dale (long time absent)