PDA

View Full Version : S'more Weed Pots

Bill Arnold
11-12-2009, 4:48 PM
Did three more 'sumpins' in my spare time.

The squatty one is about 4" tall by 3" across. Not sure of the wood type.

The middle one is about 8" tall by 3" across. Not sure of the wood type.

The one on the right is 9.5" tall by 3" across. Pine.

Steve Schlumpf
11-12-2009, 4:54 PM
Wow - I see you have moved into full time production! Nice work! First one looks like Oak to me because of the rays - could be wrong but that is what it reminds me of. Best of luck with your sales!

Mike Minto
11-12-2009, 4:58 PM
i don't see any smores :p. interesting wood work, though! mike

Steve Mawson
11-12-2009, 5:29 PM
Like the pots, unique the way you have made them. Agree with Steve on the first as to Oak.

Bernie Weishapl
11-12-2009, 7:38 PM
Nice looking pots. Well done.

curtis rosche
11-12-2009, 8:12 PM
what do you finish them with? and how do you apply to the bark? that seams to always be tricky to get just right.
good job. they look cool

Bill Arnold
11-12-2009, 8:25 PM
what do you finish them with? and how do you apply to the bark? that seams to always be tricky to get just right.
good job. they look cool
Thanks, Curtis. I'm pleased you like them.

I use an HVLP sprayer to apply about a 1b cut of shellac. I spray a couple of coats to the bark area and several to the turned portion. I'm trying to apply enough to seal the object a little without it looking too finished.

Bill Arnold
11-12-2009, 8:28 PM
Wow - I see you have moved into full time production! Nice work! First one looks like Oak to me because of the rays - could be wrong but that is what it reminds me of. Best of luck with your sales!
Thanks, Steve.

I'm pretty sure the first two are oak, also. Sales? I'm still just playing and trying to get comfortable with my lathe. If nothing else, these "thingies" are already being looked at as gifts by LOML! So, I guess it's money anyway you look at it. :rolleyes: