PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts & Prayers Needed For Fellow Creeker Walt Caza

Rob Cunningham
11-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I sent a PM to Walt at the beginning of October but never heard back from him. I assumed he was either busy or never got the PM. He finally replied and told me that he hurt his back pretty bad 6 weeks ago. As he put it "physically bad, mentally worse"
He seemed pretty discouraged and I thought he could use some good thoughts and prayers sent his way to help with the healing.
Thanks

Steve Schlumpf
11-12-2009, 1:17 PM
Walt - I remember you saying that you hurt your back - I just didn't know how bad. Hope things have started to improve and you are feeling better!

You know you have lots of friends here - should you like some company!

Thoughts & prayers sent for a speedy recovery! Get well!

John Keeton
11-12-2009, 1:33 PM
Walt, back pain can be so disablling, and I hope and pray yours improves quickly. But, no physical pain is as bad as emotional pain. Try to remain positive. Nearly all back pain improves dramatically, and the great majority of back injuries resolve in a few short months. Hang in there!!

Rod Sheridan
11-12-2009, 1:45 PM
Dear Walt, sorry to hear about your back issues, I hope things improve for you.

Are you able to sit in your Morris chair?

I really enjoyed that chair building thread.

regards, Rod.

Doug Shepard
11-12-2009, 1:51 PM
Wow. Hang in there Walt. I've had 2 ruptured discs so I've felt your pain. Only time is going to help it. Course if you get some cute nurses to help speed your recovery, that can help too.;)

Belinda Barfield
11-12-2009, 1:56 PM
I hope you are healing Walt. Take it easy and don't rush things. I miss your posts.

Lori Kleinberg
11-12-2009, 3:30 PM
Walt, I am really sorry to hear you hurt your back. It can be a terrible physical pain, but the emotional pain is no picnic either.
Believe me I know, hurt my back twenty something years ago. I am not the typical case, having had 3 back operations and trying not to have a fourth. I have dealt with pain meds and adddictions, I don't know how many anti depressants I have tried. It has not been an easy life, but as my husband reminds me it can be worse.
I know that sounds like a cliché, but it really is the truth. You have to learn to cope and accommodate, it takes time. My oldest son just got married last Friday and I am still trying to recover.
Anyway, I wish you a speedy and better recovery than I had and please PM me if you need to talk about it.

Brent Ring
11-12-2009, 4:16 PM
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers?

Brent Ring
11-12-2009, 4:16 PM
I meant !!!, not ?.

Jim O'Dell
11-12-2009, 6:07 PM
Walt, heal quickly! We need you well around here. Jim.

Matt Meiser
11-12-2009, 6:12 PM
Walt, hope you start feeling better soon!

David Christopher
11-12-2009, 7:10 PM
Walt, you will be in my thoughts and prayers

Get well soon

glenn bradley
11-12-2009, 8:37 PM
Back injuries can be a slow road to recovery. Try to be patient and we'll all see you when you can stop in. Hang in there.

Art Mulder
11-12-2009, 8:43 PM
Ditto,Walt... but for everyone else (like me) trying to send him a note... don't bother, his PM box is FULL. :(

(I've had back issues myself, and BOY can I sympathize with how debilitating it can be.)

George Morris
11-12-2009, 9:22 PM
Walt hope you feel better soon. We will think good thoughts for you! G

ROY DICK
11-12-2009, 9:37 PM
Walt,
Please take care and don't try to rush anything.

Roy

Bruce Page
11-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Get well Walt!
How did you hurt your back?

Paul Greathouse
11-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Walt my prayers are with you. May you back heal completely and quickly.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Walt,

Here's hoping for a speedy and complete recovery.

I broke my back April 6, 2001. I'm 8mm shorter than I used to be.

There is hope bud!

Hang tough!

Walt Caza
09-20-2010, 4:20 PM
Good Day Fellow Creekers,
I want to thank Rob C. for starting this thread, and all my kind supporters.
I have dragged my feet in responding to this thread, hoping that some tomorrow would bring better news, that I could share.
Alas, a year has passed since I was able to play in the sawdust in my workshop.
I wish I could give a more positive report.

I have been conflicted on this for some time.
On one hand, I'm not comfortable typing about my health issues, into the world wide web.
On the other, I feel I am remiss in not responding to your kindness.

I shudder to think some future employment to be in jeopardy due to my sharing private details with my online wood club.
I mean, this is a new animal to us all, and it never forgets.
Not to mention even mashed potatoes can spark a raging debate online.

Suffice it to say, my back troubles were just another symptom of my
underlying chronic disease. The experts agree it is incurable and uncontrollable.
We all have our physical challenges, and none of us gets out of here alive.
It is difficult to speak about for many reasons, and I seek neither sympathy, pity nor debate.
But I do appreciate the warmth and goodwill you sent me.

I prefer not to discuss this publicly, but if anyone cares to chat privately about IBD, Prednisone, Methotrexate and/or Remicade...
you know where to reach me.
No one can guess when I might be able to return to my shop,
but you can bet it will be as soon as I am able.

The physical challenges of chronic illness are rivalled only by the mental and emotional challenges.

We woke up today, while many others did not.
Anything good we find today is a total bonus.
Life is an amazing blend of highs and lows,
let's remember to count our many blessings.
Sooner or later, we all fall down... and dust blows away.
Tomorrow is promised to no one.

My sincere Thanks again,
be well,
Walt

ps I have quietly returned to this thread for comfort a few times.
It is hard to know what to say, and what not to say...
I really just wanna talk about woodworking!
peace

glenn bradley
09-20-2010, 5:06 PM
No need to post publicly. Consider this a one way conversation ;-) We've exchanged a couple emails. I didn't want to put you in a position of feeling you had to reply, so I have not sent them more than sent them. You, and your contributions here, are in my thoughts frequently as we share a love of woodworking in general and of A&C, G&G and so forth specifically. I think you can tell that we are all pulling for you and we know you will get back to the shop as soon as you are able.

Paul McGaha
09-20-2010, 5:10 PM
Walt,

I hope you feel better soon and can return to your shop.

Our family will include you in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike Henderson
09-20-2010, 5:18 PM
I hope you're feeling better soon, Walt. We're all wishing you the very best.

Mike

Steve Schlumpf
09-20-2010, 5:20 PM
Walt - I miss your presence on the Creek but know you are doing your best to take care of you - as it should be! Hope you are feeling well enough to stop in now and then - if for nothing more than to say Hi!

I do hope and pray that you are overcoming your challenges but also understand it will be an ongoing struggle.

Get better my friend! Email, PM or call - anytime!

Phyllis Meyer
09-20-2010, 6:39 PM
Dear Walt,

May God Bless you today and give you strength and healing!

Phyllis:)

Ken Fitzgerald
09-20-2010, 7:06 PM
Walt,

I miss your presence here.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Heal fast and well.

Bruce Page
09-20-2010, 7:37 PM
Walt, I wish you a speedy recovery. If you ever need a shoulder to lean on or a ear to listen, someone is always in the house.
Be well.

Jim O'Dell
09-20-2010, 8:05 PM
Walt, thanks for your reply. Many of us have medical issues we prefer not to spread openly to the masses. Know that we are your extended family, and all we need to hear is that there is a need. Our prayers will flow your direction. God bless! Jim.

Scott Shepherd
09-20-2010, 8:30 PM
Walt, your PM box is full! You must have lots of people trying to wish you well, privately!

Hang in there, it's not easy, but you can't stop fighting.

David Christopher
09-20-2010, 8:48 PM
Walt, check in once and awhile when you feel like it.....we miss you

Jacob Mac
09-20-2010, 9:57 PM
Walt,

Sorry to hear about your medical troubles. I hope you get well soon, and that you are able to hang in there. I always really enjoyed your posts, and I hope you can get back in your shop soon.

Harold Burrell
09-21-2010, 7:49 AM
Get well soon, Walt. I'll be praying for you.

Belinda Barfield
09-21-2010, 8:20 AM
My dear friend Walt, I can't talk woodworking with you except to share that I'm working on a laser cut marquetry project. Like many others, I miss your presence here.

When I was a small child I learned a new song one morning in sunday school, This Little Light of Mine. All through the following church service I was very troubled. After the service I waited for our pastor to finish shaking hands and speaking with the other church goers, and then I asked him a question, "What do I do if I don't have a light?". The pastor assured me that everyone has a light and we just have to let it shine. During a difficult time for me you were not just a light, you were a beacon that helped to guide me. I'm not sure I ever really thanked you for that, so thank you. I wish you strength of mind and spirit, Walt. Know that we are all here for you and we miss your light.

Prashun Patel
09-21-2010, 8:33 AM
Get better fast! Miss yr posts. Back pain is the worst. Mine goes out occasionally and I can't do anything: sit, stand, or sleep. Prayers & Positive energy comin' atcha!

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-27-2010, 2:58 PM
Walt, keeping you in our thoughts & prayers.

mreza Salav
09-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm late to this thread (as I don't typically check off topic forum) but...
Walt, I hope you get well (both physically and emotionally) and get back to normal life, including woodworking.
Wish you all the best and a full and speedy recovery.

Walt Caza
10-16-2010, 3:12 PM
Good Day All,
Thanks for all your warm and thoughtful responses.
I know we all have our challenges in this life.
Best I can tell, we only go around once, so let's make it count
and milk it for all it's worth...
wishing you well,
Walt

ps I look forward to returning to my messy workshop asap.
on we roll...

Ken Fitzgerald
10-16-2010, 3:36 PM
Glad to see you posting Walt!

Come on out and play with us...:)