PDA

View Full Version : Labeler Experiences Brother P-Touch

Wes Bischel
09-29-2004, 8:53 PM
I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this type of labeler:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005K4PO/qid=1096504694/sr=ka-2/ref=pd_ka_2/103-9753111-3277438

It's a Brother P-touch PT-1750.

We want something to label things around the house (and shop). Currently we use the computer printer with Avery labels, but it becomes a real pain if I need only one. If there are other options, please do tell.

Thanks in advance for any input, Wes

Tyler Howell
09-29-2004, 9:05 PM
Works pretty good. Have one at the office. Label tape is pricy. Putzy to get the backing off when sticking it to something.

Jim Becker
09-29-2004, 9:31 PM
I have a similar, but older version. Works great. P-Touch is the "defacto standard" in these machines. Just check the specs to insure it will take the maximum size labels you wish to use around your home.

Joseph N. Myers
09-29-2004, 9:37 PM
Wes,

I have the P-touch 1180sc which I got at Sam's for $30.00 and it works great. Its smaller than the one you pictured, 6"w x 5"h x 2"d, hand held and unit came with 2 full length tapes (usually about $9 ea). Office Max had the same thing for around $50.00.

Use mine all the time (but still can't find anything).

Regards, Joe

Jim DeLaney
09-29-2004, 11:06 PM
I have the 2310. Best of both worlds. It's a standalone labeler, or can be plugged into a USB port and used as a computer label printer. Brother's "P-Touch" software lets you design the label on the computer and the labeler then prints it out. Mote versatile than just the labeler by itself. A bit pricier, though - I think I paid about $100.00 for it.

Donnie Raines
09-30-2004, 8:38 AM
I like mine.....the labels are getting more expensive all the time. Every other trip to the store they seem to be 10-15% higher in price.

Rob Russell
09-30-2004, 9:05 AM
I have a labeller (don't remember if it's the P-touch brand or not). What I do know is that the label cartridges are more expensive for mine than the "other" major brand that the local Staples sells. I'd go check out the cost of replacement cartridges and factor that into my decision. I've been tempted to buy a new label maker simply because the cost savings would pay for the new unit over time.

Kevin Beck
09-30-2004, 9:07 AM
I've had one of the P-Touch labelers for a few years now. It works well and I would buy it again. I'll second Tyler's comment on the backing being hard to remove at times. The label tape is expensive but it lasts a good while as well.

Kevin

Dan Mages
09-30-2004, 9:01 PM
I have one of them too and it serves me well.

Dan

Jeremy Bracey
09-30-2004, 9:31 PM
yep, like it.

Wes Bischel
09-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys,

Thanks for the input - yeah, the tapes are expensive, good call to check that out. I should know that, I own a HP printer :rolleyes:
I finally broke down a bought one. Office Max had them on sale - though you have to buy the transformer separately :mad:. Had a chance to make a few labels - seems nice so far.

Thanks again, Wes

Brian Austin
10-02-2004, 9:56 AM
I've had one of the P-Touch labelers for a few years now. It works well and I would buy it again. I'll second Tyler's comment on the backing being hard to remove at times. The label tape is expensive but it lasts a good while as well.

Kevin

I'm on my third P-Touch (one died, one stolen, and the current) for home and work use. I'm so used to them I can't get along without one when I need it.

The new tapes have a split in the backing now. It makes it considerably easier to get the backing off.