PDA

View Full Version : Any windows/internet explorer experts out there?

dennis thompson
11-12-2009, 9:57 AM
I use Internet explorer for the internet. All of a sudden when I try to get on to Morningstar I Get a message that says "HTTP 400 bad request". I can get on any other websites fine. I can get on Morningstar from my other computer fine. I've updated my computer with evertything Microsoft has to offer (maybe that's my problem) & still get the same message when I try to get on Morningstar. I can get on Morningstar from Firefox on both computers, any ideas on what the problem might be?
Thanks
Dennis

Scott Shepherd
11-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Tried clearing the cache?

Dave Johnson29
11-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I Get a message that says "HTTP 400 bad request".

Dennis,

My first guess is if you are using your bookmarks to access it, the URL line may have changed. Use the "Properties" to cut it back to

http://www.morningstar.com/

If that fails, read here...
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E400.html

Dennis McGarry
11-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Delete cookies and cache, and the temp files.

IE doesnt like it when a site changes the cookie handlers for access. More then likely the cookie you had assigned with it expired and never refreshed...

Chuck Wintle
11-13-2009, 6:43 AM
IE is the reason I made the switch to Firefox and did not look back an in my opinion a much better browser. MS simply don't get it anymore. IE is not web standard compliant which what all browsers will need to be to properly display web pages.

dennis thompson
11-13-2009, 6:54 AM
:)Well I finally got it fixed, spent a few hours on the phone with Microsoft & the only way they could fix it was to delete IE8 & replace it with IE7, they really could not figure out what the specific problem was themselves. I'd like to use Firefox too....anyone know how I can get it to access Outlook express?
Thanks for all the help
Dennis

Chuck Wintle
11-13-2009, 7:00 AM
:)I'd like to use Firefox too....anyone know how I can get it to access Outlook express?
Thanks for all the help
Dennis

what do mean by access outlook express? :confused:

Darius Ferlas
11-13-2009, 7:15 AM
outlook express is a built in email client that comes with windows. It is significantly stripped down version of Outlook.

Chuck Wintle
11-13-2009, 7:57 AM
outlook express is a built in email client that comes with windows. It is significantly stripped down version of Outlook.

that wasn't my question. He seems to be asking how Firefox can access it....since it a standalone application I wondered what he meant. :D

dennis thompson
11-13-2009, 8:20 AM
I am pretty much an idiot when it comes to computers....(among other things) .What I meant was how can I put an icon on my Firefox toolbar so I can access my email, I use Outlook Express for my email
Thanks
Dennis

Chuck Wintle
11-13-2009, 8:28 AM
I am pretty much an idiot when it comes to computers....(among other things) .What I meant was how can I put an icon on my Firefox toolbar so I can access my email, I use Outlook Express for my email
Thanks
Dennis

you could make the switch to thunderbird which is an improved version of outlook express.

Mitchell Andrus
11-13-2009, 8:35 AM
Thanks
Dennis

Mozilla forum:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

Dennis McGarry
11-13-2009, 8:55 AM
In firefox, goto tools, then options. Under the options section, click on the applications tab. Find MAIL and change that to OE.

You will have to browse the computer for the file, but it should be in program files, Outlook express. OE.Exe..

Its rather simple..