PDA

View Full Version : At long last...

Gary Nicholls
11-12-2009, 12:50 AM
My laser was delivered yesterday morning and Ray from Scottware spent all day making sure all was well and I was on the right learning track. Thank you Ray. I have been in the shop all day marking tools with my name, burning up scrap wood (and some not so scrap, lol) and just having a ball. I have discovered that I have a LOT to learn and I want to thank all the great people here for what I have learned so far by reading all the great info laden posts that are found on this site. Now back to the shop, I think I might have missed a couple tools...

Gary

Dee Gallo
11-12-2009, 6:37 AM
Have a ball, Gary, it never fails to be fun... and you will never look at things the same again. It's always in the back of your mind - "I wonder how that would laser?"

cheers, dee

Gary Nicholls
11-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks Dee. I see you have a Carvewright. Are on the carvewright forum?

Dee Gallo
11-13-2009, 6:41 AM
Thanks Dee. I see you have a Carvewright. Are on the carvewright forum?

Nope, it's actually just sitting idle. The CarveWright is good for stuff much bigger than I do, so it was a mistake getting it...someday I'll find someone who wants it more than I do. It is a nifty gizmo and I can think of a hundred things to do with it, but that's not how I want to spend my time.

:) dee

Bill Cunningham
11-14-2009, 4:44 PM
My laser was delivered yesterday morning and Ray from Scottware spent all day making sure all was well and I was on the right learning track. Thank you Ray. I have been in the shop all day marking tools with my name, burning up scrap wood (and some not so scrap, lol) and just having a ball. I have discovered that I have a LOT to learn and I want to thank all the great people here for what I have learned so far by reading all the great info laden posts that are found on this site. Now back to the shop, I think I might have missed a couple tools...

Gary

Do own own a Cat?:D

Gary Nicholls
11-14-2009, 9:26 PM
Have four cats that own me. They only one I would consider marking will not let me get close enough to catch.:D