PDA

View Full Version : BAD Weather in our area causing network problems

Keith Outten
11-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Our local area is experiencing a NorEaster Storm that is expected to last until Saturday. Tons of rain, wind, flooding and high tides are causing problems with power and Internet services. The slowdown we experienced this morning and throughout the day is a network problem, not our server as far as I know.

Our weather tomorrow is supposed to be much worse than today. The ground is saturated already, when the tree roots are weakened the trees will start falling on power lines, then it will really be a bad situation.

This is a four to five day storm, if The Creek goes offline or slows down again it is just Mother Nature showing us who's the Boss. We have our fingers crossed :)

Mike Bosdet
12-06-2009, 1:24 AM
Good luck, Keith! Hang in there!

mickey cassiba
12-06-2009, 1:43 AM
Our local area is experiencing a NorEaster Storm that is expected to last until Saturday. Tons of rain, wind, flooding and high tides are causing problems with power and Internet services. The slowdown we experienced this morning and throughout the day is a network problem, not our server as far as I know.

Our weather tomorrow is supposed to be much worse than today. The ground is saturated already, when the tree roots are weakened the trees will start falling on power lines, then it will really be a bad situation.

This is a four to five day storm, if The Creek goes offline or slows down again it is just Mother Nature showing us who's the Boss. We have our fingers crossed :)
Fingers and toes! Y'all hang in there...your doin' good.

Keith Outten
12-06-2009, 7:56 AM
Mickey,

The Nor-Easter is long gone but not forgotten. It rained constantly for four days and we spent two of those days stranded by flood waters that blocked the street we live on. Our house and my workshop stayed high and dry.

The floor of our barn flooded, this was the extent of the damage. Its a tractor barn, two of the three bays have dirt floors, so I have mud to deal with now. The drying process is slow but we are getting there. Next Spring I will be thinking about installing French drains to help prevent this from happening in the future.