PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi not cutting square

Bruce Koch
11-11-2009, 5:52 PM
I purchased a new Hitachi 12" slider miter saw and the blade does not line up with the adj. slots. It actually cut a little off the side on the front edge of the adj. slots. The slots are set to the widest that they will go. There was some adj. in the fence but not enough to get a square cut. Is there any adj. in the machine to change? Owners manual does not show anything I can see. Thanks, Bruce

Michael Schwartz
11-11-2009, 5:59 PM
I have worked with a hitachi but never set one up, and personally I own a Dewalt. But I would expect the following to apply to your situation.

You should be able to address this in two ways.

The positive stop for the 90 degree/miter indents should have some kind of an adjustment.

You should be able to override the detents as well.

Jason White
11-11-2009, 6:42 PM
What slots are you referring to. Are you talking about the detents?

Jason

I purchased a new Hitachi 12" slider miter saw and the blade does not line up with the adj. slots. It actually cut a little off the side on the front edge of the adj. slots. The slots are set to the widest that they will go. There was some adj. in the fence but not enough to get a square cut. Is there any adj. in the machine to change? Owners manual does not show anything I can see. Thanks, Bruce

Bruce Koch
11-11-2009, 7:53 PM
The slots or zero clearance strips that you can adj. up to the blade. It seems something is made wrong as the blade does line up with them. Adjusting the detent if possible won't correct the alignment of the blade to the clearance strips.

Bruce Koch
11-12-2009, 8:49 PM
Checked more on miter box blade is square to fence but when you pull saw out it is not square. Took to repair place and they said something is bent and not worth fixing except I said this saw is new. Now they will repair it. I guess somebody hit it a little hard.

James White
11-12-2009, 8:55 PM
Bruce,

How long ago did you purchase this saw? If possible I would return it. What you describe is not really reliably repairable. It either has been damaged or has a manufacturing defect. Either way I would not want to have that saw unless the repair place showed me exactly how they fixed it and I was satisfied with the answer. Just my opinion.

James